The Student Room Group

Reported to exam board

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bittr n swt
Rules States no phones in exam halls so that's one rule broken but I think it would be harsh to disqualify.

Shouldn't have volunteered to give it up if it was off

I would have just kept it but the phone was still on and when I went to collect it from the exam officer woman, it wasn't on silent. So it could have went off which would have obviously resulted in disqualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
What if the phone was vibrating during the exam? so we put our bags on the side and my phone vibrated 3 times --- would I get disqualified?

I didn't even notice a phone vibrated because I was too focused on my exam
Hmmmm. They are required by law to inform the board, however I doubt that they will act on this.

Skips :smile:
Original post by bittr n swt
Rules States no phones in exam halls so that's one rule broken but I think it would be harsh to disqualify.

Shouldn't have volunteered to give it up if it was off

In my school everyone put their phones on a table at the front of the hall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaringDaniel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same
Reply 45
In my exam, we were given a bag to put our phones in and make sure that they're turned off. We take our card with number on it from the bag. It's important to make sure for every exam that your phone is turned off and not on you.
Sorry mate looks like your off to deigo garcia
Original post by adam_almond
They probably did but I wasn't listening. Usually I put my phone in my bag so I just thought I had. I didn't really think about it. It was so early into the exam and I was still on the first question so I clearly didn't cheat.
If I do get disqualified from the exam when will I find out? What happens after that.
Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

youll be fine!! nothing bad will happen :smile:
Original post by DaringDaniel

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's stupid as phones can go off even if it was switched off

My school has no phones in exam halls not even outside the room

Quick Reply

Latest