The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
I will ALWAYS vote labour no matter what as they're what is best for everyone in the country and are a party of the people

power to the people...by continuously denying the people a democratic choice on the EU...by not allowing the people to vote on the lisbon treaty like they promised back in 2005...by not allowing people to vote for a change in the voting system back in the late 90s...by using the people's taxes to bail out banksters...hmmm...
Original post by douglas merritte
My favourite quote of the entire campaign was a BBC-luvvie interviewing people on the street

Reporter (to a fat lady): Who are you going to vote for and why?
Fat lady: I'm gonna vote Labour... 'cos it's better for people on benefits

That just about sums it up for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSZa2dybR2Q
You are ignorant and brainwashed, was it your parents!
Funny, tory won and people started rioting. If labour won that wouldn't of happened.

A sign was posted saying 63% of the country didn't want Cameron.
Well 70% didn't want Miliband (wonder why)
88% didn't want Farage
And 90% didn't want the rest.
Reply 24
I think it's a mixture between being misguided and lacking empathy for others.
Whoever you vote for, the government always gets in.

Politicians from both parties have more in common with each other than they do with any of us. If Labour claims to represent the workers then they should bloody appoint people other than career politicians.
Reply 26
Original post by TurboCretin
Whoever you vote for, the government always gets in.

Austerity will always be the winner.
Original post by miser
I think it's a mixture between being misguided and lacking empathy for others.

is the government the only medium for empathy?
Original post by JoshDawg
Funny, tory won and people started rioting. If labour won that wouldn't of happened.

A sign was posted saying 63% of the country didn't want Cameron.
Well 70% didn't want Miliband (wonder why)
88% didn't want Farage
And 90% didn't want the rest.

was the point of that sign the issue with the tories or the issue with the voting system giving them a majority that they didn't electorally possess?
Reply 29
Because with a Tory government, I am less likely to have to give away a higher proportion of my income to subsidize those unwilling to work as hard as me.
Reply 30
Original post by zippity.doodah
is the government the only medium for empathy?

No, but it is of course responsible for making decisions which have the potential to either positively or negatively affect the lives of others.
just ****s the lot of em
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by miser
No, but it is of course responsible for making decisions which have the potential to either positively or negatively affect the lives of others.

surely human beings themselves are, as you said, responsible for making decisions which have the potential to either positively or negatively affect the lives of others and themselves (themselves emphasised)? why is a government so necessary?
Reply 33
Original post by zippity.doodah
surely human beings themselves are, as you said, responsible for making decisions which have the potential to either positively or negatively affect the lives of others and themselves (themselves emphasised)? why is a government so necessary?

If you want to argue about the practicalities of anarchy then I think it would best be done in another thread.
At the end of the day people often vote for the party that benefits them the most, regardless of the effect it may have on others. The Conservatives are very much the party of the rich, however their policies are helpful for many working families.
Also, people have little faith in Labour to run the country's finances properly (regardless of whether it was their fault, the stigma is still associated with them).
Finally, a lot of people I know did not believe Ed Miliband possessed the right qualities to be the leader of this country. Although we're told to vote for policies and not people, many saw him as a bit geeky and such, not someone that they would want to represent them.
Original post by SotonianOne
Well, that's a huge surprise.

Are you trolling? I chuckled.

Wow! 11 million privileged people! It's almost like we're the most privileged society on this planet.

No.

Because they are more trustworthy on the economy, they want to cut taxes and return to sustainable spending.

People like you should be banned from voting.

Except for everyone earning 25k and up, which is just over 30% of the UK.

Party of welfare claimants.

You rekt him on every level, well played! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Reply 36
This is the same guy who said UKIP were homophobic and that the UK should have shariah law. Ignore this guy he's obviously been on the powder and is feeling a bit dillusional.
Original post by 789tom789
So you're suggesting we didn't need to cut back on spending and should have kept a £140 billion budget deficit? Fool.

You, my friend, have 0 understanding of Economics.
Reply 38
So your suggesting unsustainable spending of money you don't have ? Please sir, explain the logic behind your thoughts...

Original post by 100umsgod
Original post by 100umsgod

Evidently, so do you.

Latest

Trending

Trending