The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Fluent in Lies
I hate it when people tell me to smile.

I'll smile when i'm happy thanks!

Too true. This post is just bloody cheesy.
Reply 21
Yoda
Too true. This post is just bloody cheesy.

Haha, join in, it's quite amusing actually.
Nix!
Your sentiment is shared and not lost on me. Life is a beautiful thing but also abrasive and painful in equal measure. Hurt when you need to, but be happy for the most part. Often a simple smile can make someone's day. People are stronger than they realise.

These are my thoughts on this preceisely.
wow.

Cheers OP. :smile: lovely jubbly and bubbly post.
Reply 25
This thread could push some sane people over the edge.
BJ-Dubois
This thread could push some sane people over the edge.

Awww somone needs a hug

:hugs:
Reply 27
Fluent in Lies
Awww somone needs a hug

Perhaps. But I'm not actually allowed to touch people without sedation. I'm working so hard to work my way down to category 4 risk.
Reply 29
People who think it's cheesy to encourage others and to say what they feel are the very reason why some people feel like they do.

If you have a valid point to make, without sarcasm, then please do. If you can see genuine fault with smiling then you have more problems than most and really ought to pay attention.
My genuine fault is with faking a smile for the sake of it.
Reply 31
Fluent in Lies

In some ways I agree, but there's nothing wrong at all with reminding people that they are not alone and wanting to inspire them to smile.
Agreed.

:smile:

^^ you see what I did there?
Reply 33
No offence, but why are you posting anon? Are you embarrassed by what you've said?
Anonymous
People who think it's cheesy to encourage others and to say what they feel are the very reason why some people feel like they do.

If you have a valid point to make, without sarcasm, then please do. If you can see genuine fault with smiling then you have more problems than most and really ought to pay attention.

possibly reasoning behind not knowing the complete 'facts'
Reply 36
Why should I be embarrassed?

I'm just happy not being known, to be praised or judged.
Anthonyjm71
possibly reasoning behind not knowing the complete 'facts'

Why are you bitter? is something bothering you....
Reply 38
Anonymous

I still don't like it. Telling people what they should do, when its clearly their choice is just ****. Forcing a smile is just ****. Hell, I can show people when I'm happy or not without walking about with a huge, clearly faked, probably sarcastic, smile. If everyone is always smiling, then it just won't be special any more. A bit like taking drugs really. The first few times/occasionally its great. If you're taking drugs all the time, it isnt a bonus taking drugs yet a problem not taking drugs. Not that drugs are a good thing. A bit like smiling when you don't want to really.
Fluent in Lies

possible due to the fact things are not said to there endtierty.

Latest

Trending

Trending