The Student Room Group

Deport the poor.

Scroll to see replies

I agree, all poor, disabled, non-white people should be deported
So what would happen to all the minimum wage/ low income jobs?
Original post by ykseulb
At least poor people are no longer being executed, as they were a few hundred years ago.

Give it time...
Original post by illegaltobepoor
I was looking for a topic to appease all the Tories on TSR and I reckon I've got a good one here.

What do you lot reckon to deporting all the poor people from the UK?

Think if it! Things like welfare, healthcare, housing and education won't be a problem because every British person will be well off or rich. We could then replace these poor people with economic migrants who have to earn their citizenship status though low wage work but heaven forbid they become unemployed for more than 6 months or we will deport them too.

Now where can we deport people too? I was thinking we could do a deal with Romania & Bulgaria.

The cost of living is vastly cheaper in poorer countries too so we could invest in the development of foreign work houses so our poor wouldn't be a burden on other countries Governments. I once heard of a suggestion of paying reduced welfare benefits to those who have been deported out of the UK but this would cost too much.

Think about it. Tax payers money could finally go to where its suppose too. Back to Tax payers!

Do you actually believe this is fair- some areas are more deprivied then others if more money is needed tax the super billionaires more and reduce tax for people who have savings of less then 500k. As for immigration there should be an immediate system when someones visa runs out and it is their fault (delays do not count towards this) should be deported with immediate effect. The population of this country is far too big and if immigration carries on how it is every piece of wasteland is turning into houses. Also another way i would tackle immigration is by sentencing foreign convicts in this country putting them on a plane home where they would serve their sentence. Making NHS FREE to only British citizens or people who have resided in the UK for 5 years or more - this will make the UK less prone to immigration . So here is a question - would you rather have a rich illegal immigrant in the country who will not pay tax or a poor family who will pay limited tax. I know what the answer will be from the tories - they would keep the rich immigrant and throw out the english as all they care about is capitalism. IF your policy comes to fruition United Kingdom should change the name to the rich boy alliance- working class not welcome
Original post by anonwinner
I agree, all poor, disabled, non-white people should be deported

Its Farage
Nice troll thread.

But someone has to be "poor" you know, at least in a capitalist society, otherwise there wouldn't be any rich folks :wink:
No worries, there are ways and means to move them away.

Heard of gentrification? Won't be long before much of London and everywhere inside the M25 has no poor.

Now I wonder which pieces of the crumbs we should give to the poor, can't be storing them plebs too far away as will be needing them to do overtime to keep our gold paved streets clean.
Original post by Alfissti
No worries, there are ways and means to move them away.

Heard of gentrification? Won't be long before much of London and everywhere inside the M25 has no poor.

Now I wonder which pieces of the crumbs we should give to the poor, can't be storing them plebs too far away as will be needing them to do overtime to keep our gold paved streets clean.

haha

Can't really see it happening to that extent in London. Still 19% of households are workless, 14% OWN their own homes (incredibly low).

So it's the very elite 0.01% who are taking all the gains. Everyone else is just getting by.

London is just for the degree educated, rentier. Even then they will only get a small studio at best. Hardly the rich per say more a glorified university town :tongue:
Why should we Faust our white trash on another country?

They struggle to survive in the UK. Let alone somewhere where they may actually have to put some effort in to survive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MatureStudent36
Why should we Faust out white trash on another country?

They struggle to survive in the UK. Let alone somewhere where they may actually have to put some effort in to survive.

Fair point.
Pretty much proves, that the conservatives are not the party for working people.
Original post by SausageMan
Pretty much proves, that the conservatives are not the party for working people.

when did working "hard" ever pay off? more like working smart brah
Original post by Bill_Gates
when did working "hard" ever pay off? more like working smart brah

Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard.
Original post by SausageMan
Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard.

creativity is the future brah
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Ahh I didn't consider that. Are they not a net drain though surely?

Not at all. This is why benefits are good: better to pump money into the bottom of the economy where 100% of it will be spent than keeping it underinvested in unproductive assets like property or in untaxable jurisdictions like some rich person's offshore bank account.

Basically everything you have ever read about poor people and the economy is wrong.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Why should we Faust our white trash on another country?

The only people who don't have to put any effort in to survive in our society are the asset-wealthy. White trash who don't have to do any work to survive to me means buy-to-let landlords.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
I was looking for a topic to appease all the Tories on TSR and I reckon I've got a good one here.

What do you lot reckon to deporting all the poor people from the UK?

Think if it! Things like welfare, healthcare, housing and education won't be a problem because every British person will be well off or rich. We could then replace these poor people with economic migrants who have to earn their citizenship status though low wage work but heaven forbid they become unemployed for more than 6 months or we will deport them too.

Now where can we deport people too? I was thinking we could do a deal with Romania & Bulgaria.

The cost of living is vastly cheaper in poorer countries too so we could invest in the development of foreign work houses so our poor wouldn't be a burden on other countries Governments. I once heard of a suggestion of paying reduced welfare benefits to those who have been deported out of the UK but this would cost too much.

Think about it. Tax payers money could finally go to where its suppose too. Back to Tax payers!

Not the poor, but the welfare claimants.

Sounds good to me!
Original post by Twinpeaks
So what would happen to all the minimum wage/ low income jobs?

TSR Tories live in a bubble and think all these things are done by magic
Original post by Bill_Gates
haha

Can't really see it happening to that extent in London. Still 19% of households are workless, 14% OWN their own homes (incredibly low).

So it's the very elite 0.01% who are taking all the gains. Everyone else is just getting by.

London is just for the degree educated, rentier. Even then they will only get a small studio at best. Hardly the rich per say more a glorified university town :tongue:

Is it still 19% workless?? Is that taking into account Essex as well?

Nothing wrong with the very elite taking all the gains, usually it is their capital anyway.

Original post by scrotgrot
TSR Tories live in a bubble and think all these things are done by magic

Much of the tasks done by that strata of society CAN be automated quite easily and is starting to go down in prices as well.

Nothing wrong with the very elite taking all the gains, usually it is their capital anyway.

Much of the tasks done by that strata of society CAN be automated quite easily and is starting to go down in prices as well.

Don't believe that's taking into context Essex. But hardly the wealthy paradise it is made out to be. Just loads of single people paying rent or barely scraping by lol.

Similar is happening to other cities, large scale property funds buying up the majority.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending