The Student Room Group

Deport the poor.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
Don't believe that's taking into context Essex. But hardly the wealthy paradise it is made out to be. Just loads of single people paying rent or barely scraping by lol.

Similar is happening to other cities, large scale property funds buying up the majority.

Its time to bring in those huge chainsaws to slash down that welfare budget then, seems too high a proportion of worklessness.
Original post by Alfissti
Its time to bring in those huge chainsaws to slash down that welfare budget then, seems too high a proportion of worklessness.

well not necessarily, one of my friends who owns one of these property funds actually is very pro welfare. It's not profitable to have a bunch of families on the streets, better to have people housed. Their off spring will potentially go to university and soon be renting one of his studio flats.

evicting people is not cheap either and the UK government will have to re-house them.
well not necessarily, one of my friends who owns one of these property funds actually is very pro welfare. It's not profitable to have a bunch of families on the streets, better to have people housed. Their off spring will potentially go to university and soon be renting one of his studio flats.

evicting people is not cheap either and the UK government will have to re-house them.

There are ways and means to evict "problematic" people and can do it fairly cheaply as well. Most of us in real estate development are fairly familiar with how to get about with this.

As for being pro-welfare, I do agree it should be available, however a lot less people should be on it.

The stats in UK seems to suggest 50% of all workless households are single occupant households, Something is terribly wrong if a system allows someone to continuously have his rent paid for by taxpayers.

I think it is a good idea to just ship them all out of London and perhaps send them to somewhere in Birmingham instead.
There are ways and means to evict "problematic" people and can do it fairly cheaply as well. Most of us in real estate development are fairly familiar with how to get about with this.

As for being pro-welfare, I do agree it should be available, however a lot less people should be on it.

The stats in UK seems to suggest 50% of all workless households are single occupant households, Something is terribly wrong if a system allows someone to continuously have his rent paid for by taxpayers.

I think it is a good idea to just ship them all out of London and perhaps send them to somewhere in Birmingham instead.

lol bit of cash in hand? Birmingham has 1% less work less households. Birmingham should be sending it's poor to London. However as a capitalist i wouldn't mind the surplus tenants, Europeans have been coming to Birmingham for years and are always welcome.
I always wondered why they allow job less claimants/newly arrived immigrants to live in London. How it should work....

Council bloke: Welcome, so...any preferences in where you wish to live?
Jobless claimant: London!
Council bloke: Well that's our premium city so unless you can afford property there I think we should try somewhere within your depth yes? I hear Scotland is luvvly.
Jobless Claimant: What about my human rights?
Council bloke: We'd be breaching the human rights of those who CAN afford to live in London by allow your kind to live there en masse. Don't take it personally, do well yourself and maybe one day you'll make it there.
Jobless Claimant: You're right, thanks for the lesson in life goals Mr Council guy *high five*
Closing credits.
lol bit of cash in hand? Birmingham has 1% less work less households. Birmingham should be sending it's poor to London. However as a capitalist i wouldn't mind the surplus tenants, Europeans have been coming to Birmingham for years and are always welcome.

I have a few "people" I turn to when I need a tenant evicted,

That isn't the desirable surplus tenants any city needs. Most of those tenants will overwhelm the local authorities to house them. A surplus of the kinds of undesirable tenants could have adverse effects on your property, especially when they start causing problems for your hardworking tenants.

I do like European renters too :smile:
I have a few "people" I turn to when I need a tenant evicted,

That isn't the desirable surplus tenants any city needs. Most of those tenants will overwhelm the local authorities to house them. A surplus of the kinds of undesirable tenants could have adverse effects on your property, especially when they start causing problems for your hardworking tenants.

I do like European renters too :smile:

haha now now! i wouldn't go that far. Still need to remain within the confines of the law.

I agree with that notion however such a large proportion of the UK receives some form of benefits it's very hard to turn everyone away. I just look for genuine people, not everyone who receives benefits is necessarily a bad person.
OP is being very disrespectful to poor people. How would he feel if someone he knew was deported ?
i am in favour

when is the referendum
haha now now! i wouldn't go that far. Still need to remain within the confines of the law.

I agree with that notion however such a large proportion of the UK receives some form of benefits it's very hard to turn everyone away. I just look for genuine people, not everyone who receives benefits is necessarily a bad person.

Where do you get the idea that I'm finding those to operate beyond the confines of the law? :tongue:

As a country it will have to sooner or later reduce dependency on benefits, London and the south east as a whole bears a disproportionate burden on funding those who chooses dependency rather than waking up every morning to show up for work on time. Also it is highly appalling, unlike Norway or other Nordic countries the vast majority of them scroungers are none other than your usual majority where the opposite is true in Norway where those on dependency tend to be minorities, now I can understand why it is so in Norway where discrimination against anything with the name Mohammed or Ali or Ahmed is accepted as the norm there isn't really any such discrimination in UK where someone with the name of John Smith for example faces discrimination at the workplace.
Where do you get the idea that I'm finding those to operate beyond the confines of the law? :tongue:

As a country it will have to sooner or later reduce dependency on benefits, London and the south east as a whole bears a disproportionate burden on funding those who chooses dependency rather than waking up every morning to show up for work on time. Also it is highly appalling, unlike Norway or other Nordic countries the vast majority of them scroungers are none other than your usual majority where the opposite is true in Norway where those on dependency tend to be minorities, now I can understand why it is so in Norway where discrimination against anything with the name Mohammed or Ali or Ahmed is accepted as the norm there isn't really any such discrimination in UK where someone with the name of John Smith for example faces discrimination at the workplace.

Don't think purely the UK is affected by welfare, it's to do with the nature of the economy. It is too dependent on rent seeking rather than productive means. Only thriving sector is financial services which is the general cause of the mess we are in. Welfare can be cut back and the public sector needs to be cut back in general. We need more private enterprise.
Original post by scrotgrot
The only people who don't have to put any effort in to survive in our society are the asset-wealthy. White trash who don't have to do any work to survive to me means buy-to-let landlords.

It's an effort for everybody to get by. The rich of yesterday aren't always the rich of today.
Right Wing Scum!
Original post by MatureStudent36
It's an effort for everybody to get by. The rich of yesterday aren't always the rich of today.

Increasingly not. We are headed resolutely the wrong way on this and it's neo-liberal economics that entrenches it.
Increasingly not. We are headed resolutely the wrong way on this and it's neo-liberal economics that entrenches it.

You haven't won me over with your argument. I doubt you've won bet the majority of the population.

I'm safe in the knowledge that you're one of these Whiney people who just make a lot of noise and lack support.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
I was looking for a topic to appease all the Tories on TSR and I reckon I've got a good one here.

What do you lot reckon to deporting all the poor people from the UK?

Think if it! Things like welfare, healthcare, housing and education won't be a problem because every British person will be well off or rich. We could then replace these poor people with economic migrants who have to earn their citizenship status though low wage work but heaven forbid they become unemployed for more than 6 months or we will deport them too.

Now where can we deport people too? I was thinking we could do a deal with Romania & Bulgaria.

The cost of living is vastly cheaper in poorer countries too so we could invest in the development of foreign work houses so our poor wouldn't be a burden on other countries Governments. I once heard of a suggestion of paying reduced welfare benefits to those who have been deported out of the UK but this would cost too much.

Think about it. Tax payers money could finally go to where its suppose too. Back to Tax payers!

WTF!
Basically make the rich into Slave drivers, take advantage of those who are fleeing hteir country in search of a better life and get rid of many of the lower social classes of this country whos family members made it such a powerhouse in the first places, through their hard work and grit during the industrial revolutions.
Original post by MatureStudent36
You haven't won me over with your argument. I doubt you've won bet the majority of the population.

I'm safe in the knowledge that you're one of these Whiney people who just make a lot of noise and lack support.

So what, you believe there is more and more social mobility as time goes on?! What evidence do you have to support that? Everything I have ever seen points the other way.

I don't really care that people don't know this (thanks to the media), it's either true or it isn't.
That idea is very impractical.
So what, you believe there is more and more social mobility as time goes on?! What evidence do you have to support that? Everything I have ever seen points the other way.

I don't really care that people don't know this (thanks to the media), it's either true or it isn't.

Everything you have seen points the other way?

Look elsewhere then?

Creating mass industry is the only way to get this country back on it's feet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending