The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by satanicwarmaster
Well, worryingly, many of them are also a lot more literate than that. You don't just come across the kneejerk, KKK-style bigots who openly express virulent hatred against Jews and nonwhites, but also closet racists (or "race realists", as they like to call themselves) who wrap themselves in the language of anthropology and science. They are fond of parading forth statistics relating to skull size, IQ, crime rates, as well as discredited pseudoscience from the 19th century.

Some of them say that sympathetic white liberals are arguably worse than Jews or blacks. White people who think that minorities are human beings are, in their view, 'race traitors'.

I've noticed that when they explain their views to their opponents or the uninitiated, they will try to maintain a civil tone, but it isn't too long before they reveal that they're a closet racist. Well, it's obvious to me most of the time, at least.

Yes, I know the type you mean, I've encountered them before.
This stuff's the main reason I've never really ventured far into the black metal scene, it's fairly off putting, which I guess is probably intentional considering the history of black metal. That and the fact there's no black metal scene in Leicester.
No, not comfortable with it.
I wouldn't personally, but I'll reiterate the fact I have nothing against them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm bisexual - either look like a girl and have a pussy, or look like a dude and have a dick. don't make me confused and creeped out. that's just my opinion.
Original post by zippity.doodah
I'm bisexual - either look like a girl and have a pussy, or look like a dude and have a dick. don't make me confused and creeped out. that's just my opinion.

Wouldn't a passable transsexual be just that?
Original post by Zargabaath
Yes, I know the type you mean, I've encountered them before.
This stuff's the main reason I've never really ventured far into the black metal scene, it's fairly off putting, which I guess is probably intentional considering the history of black metal. That and the fact there's no black metal scene in Leicester.

Well, it is reassuring that the black metal scene does have its fair share of people who don't harbour such beliefs. Thankfully, the extremists are in the minority and are usually condemned by fans and mainstream black metal musicians.

I'm not really 'involved' in the scene personally. In my experience, a lot of - not all, of course - black metal fans I've encountered on the internet can be quite cringe inducing. Some of them act so edgy, advocating things like social Darwinism and claiming that they are 'misanthropes' and that they 'hate everyone equally'. I guess I like being a happy person so I never understood why these so called 'misanthropic' black metal fans like to wallow in such feelings. Whatever their reason, a lot of the time, they come across as unbearably pretentious. I can't take that stuff seriously, LOL.

Can you? What do you think of these people, if you're familiar with them?

Not that I deny the validity of it. I'm sure there are people out there who genuinely have such feelings. Indeed, I think the themes of social Darwinism, misanthropy and hatred are quite apt for black metal and can inspire people to make great black metal music.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wouldn't a passable transsexual be just that?

not really - transgendered people have either very fake looking dicks, or they have holes where their dicks would be - again, just my opinion
not really - transgendered people have either very fake looking dicks, or they have holes where their dicks would be - again, just my opinion

I imagined that, for bisexuals, it could be a 'best of both worlds' situation when it comes to trans people, but apparently not in this case. I guess you just like cis people. Nothing wrong with that.
If we were attracted to each other, why not? And the same goes for non-binary people.
Well, it is reassuring that the black metal scene does have its fair share of people who don't harbour such beliefs. Thankfully, the extremists are in the minority and are usually condemned by fans and mainstream black metal musicians.

I'm not really 'involved' in the scene personally. In my experience, a lot of - not all, of course - black metal fans I've encountered on the internet can be quite cringe inducing. Some of them act so edgy, advocating things like social Darwinism and claiming that they are 'misanthropes' and that they 'hate everyone equally'. I guess I like being a happy person so I never understood why these so called 'misanthropic' black metal fans like to wallow in such feelings. Whatever their reason, a lot of the time, they come across as unbearably pretentious. I can't take that stuff seriously, LOL.

Can you? What do you think of these people, if you're familiar with them?

Not that I don't deny the validity of it. I'm sure there are people out there who genuinely have such feelings. Indeed, I think the themes of social Darwinism, misanthropy and hatred are quite apt for black metal and can inspire people to make great black metal music.

Oh lord, the edgy metal fans are the worst. The really try-hard ones who wear denim battle jackets and scratch pentagrams into themselves with a compass or something. The 12 year old Satanists are pretty funny but the worst ones are the Pantera fan boys that dwell on every Metal Injection comment section.

Honestly, I enjoy the themes in metal, it's probably why I'm quite into the atmospheric stuff. I wear band shirts and I used to have a couple posters in my room. But it does make me cringe when you get kids who worship metal like a religion. The ones who think you have be a miserable reject to be a "trve metalhead". I find it especially cringey when I hear them call other people "posers"

That's fair enough. I've never met a trans person IRL so I don't know how obvious it is to tell and I've certainly never seen their genitalia so
I'm unfamiliar with how advanced the "technology" is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh lord, the edgy metal fans are the worst. The really try-hard ones who wear denim battle jackets and scratch pentagrams into themselves with a compass or something. The 12 year old Satanists are pretty funny but the worst ones are the Pantera fan boys that dwell on every Metal Injection comment section.

Honestly, I enjoy the themes in metal, it's probably why I'm quite into the atmospheric stuff. I wear band shirts and I used to have a couple posters in my room. But it does make me cringe when you get kids who worship metal like a religion. The ones who think you have be a miserable reject to be a "trve metalhead". I find it especially cringey when I hear them call other people "posers"

Haha, don't get me started on the term 'posers'. I used to lurk on metal forums and I came across stuck up metal fans who bashed people with the 'poser' epithet if they listened to certain bands - these bands were usually mainstream and therefore considered 'sell outs'. Additionally, certain bands were not considered 'real metal' if they had non-metal influences. Interestingly, a lot of their diatribe was actually leveled at the fans of the bands, rather than the bands themselves. This was when I was getting into the heavy metal genre. Unfortunately, I let myself get affected by these people: listening to bands perceived as 'posers' became a guilty pleasure. I'm no longer affected by this now, though. Better late than never!
That's fair enough. I've never met a trans person IRL so I don't know how obvious it is to tell and I've certainly never seen their genitalia so
I'm unfamiliar with how advanced the "technology" is.

What about you? Would you be open to dating a transsexual person?
(edited 8 years ago)
What about you? Would you be open to dating a transsexual person?

MtF, If they had a body of a woman, including genitalia, and they looked natural and feminine then yeah, it wouldn't bother me that they used to be a guy or anything. Perhaps if in the future I wanted kids then that may be an issue, but at the moment I'm fine with it.

FtM, nah. I'm straight so guys bodies don't do anything for me.
MtF, If they had a body of a woman, including genitalia, and they looked natural and feminine then yeah, it wouldn't bother me that they used to be a guy or anything. Perhaps if in the future I wanted kids then that may be an issue, but at the moment I'm fine with it.

FtM, nah. I'm straight so guys bodies don't do anything for me.

Cool. It seems unlikely I'll ever date a trans person to be honest, since they're a numerical minority and I don't see myself actively cruising for any. It's easier with cis people if you ask me, as they don't go through the same struggles as trans people. I wouldn't mind supporting a trans person if I cared for them enough, though.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think I could do it. Nothing against them but I wouldn't feel comfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool. It seems unlikely I'll ever date a trans person to be honest, since they're a numerical minority and I don't see myself actively cruising for any. It's easier with cis people if you ask me, as they don't go through the same struggles as trans people. I wouldn't mind supporting a trans person if I cared for them enough, though.

Yeah, I'm seeing it more as a "If it happens, it happens" sort of thing. It's not something I'm going to actively search for. That said I don't really search for any sort of relationships, I'd rather them just come naturally.
Reply 96
Not if they have trans fats.
Reply 97
Honestly, i'm bisexual and currently in a relationship. However, if you meet someone and have a genuine connection with someone then it shouldn't matter what's in their pants. If you truly love someone it shouldn't matter. It especially shouldn't matter if they're 'passable' or not! The thing with gender is if you identify as either male, female or something entirely different than that is who you are and it shouldn't be dictated by the romantic prospects of others
It depends really. I'm into very masculine guys, so they would have to not only be passable but also quite masculine which I imagine would be quite difficult for a trans man.
Basically, if I'm attracted to them then definitely :h:

Oh yeah, cos I'm sure all of you guys who have said no would turn her down if you ever had a shot...

Latest

Trending

Trending