The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They show you how to work the machines and that's about it really. It doesn't take long, about half an hour.
Reply 2
They point out the machines, say most of them have instructions on them, and show you how to use the main ones. Its boring. Etiquette, clean machines down after you've used them. Occasionally let someone else use them in between sets. Just normal etiquette really.
Reply 3
mine showed me what to do asked what i want to do(like tone, lose weight ect) then gave me a program

took about half hr
They took my blood pressure and asked me if I had any previous injuries or anything that might cause a problem, and introduced me to the machines. They advised me on a workout programme, which took about half an hour. As for gym etiquette its just common sense really, wipe down machines after you use them and don't hog machines especially at busy times.
Reply 5
thye just tell u how to use machnes safely and what they do really
Reply 6
They just showed me how to use the gear and that was it
Reply 7
It all depends on who gives you and induction. if the person actually cares about the job, you will have a throughr (sp) explination and demonstartion of the main machines you should use to gain experience and learn on and have any questions answered. you should feel like you are able to confidently go to the gym on your own and feel comfortable working out. if the person hates the job, you will get a brief, half assed effort and left to it.
Reply 8
mr_tomus
They take you round the back and gang rape you, so i've heard anyway

yeah, i didn't see that coming.
They just show you round and let you look at the machines, and they'll tell you how to use the machines. It's really very boring. Once you've seen how to work one treadmill you've seen them all :p:
Reply 10
Total fitness just say heres the aerobic excercise machines, the weights, theres the pool if you wanna know anything just ask. 5 minutes and pointless if youve never been to a gym before
tbh i got to say they spend more time with the girls on the induction then the guys, I wonder y ? :wink:
Reply 12
Don't worry about it. They show you how to work the machines. for etiquette:

WIPE THE MACHINES AFTER USE!! I cannot stress this enough, its disgusting working out on someones sweaty machine. it's awfull.

You might also get a fitness program which is another way for them to tell you how over-weight you and how you must use their equipment to work it off lol :wink: :rolleyes:
Also hog the benches and machines by sitting therre and chatting to your fat mate for 20 minutes.

Latest