The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer deadline set before student finance decision

I have been offered a place through UCAS and the deadline is 23 of July 2015.
As soon as I found out I applied for a loan through Student Finance England.
During the application process 6 weeks( at least) was qouted for the student loan processing times.

Waiting 6+ weeks would take me well beyond 23 of July ...

What should I do?
Hello student_nikita

The application can take up to 6 weeks to process, but it may also be quicker than this. You may still apply through UCAS for your course, this will not affect us assessing you for funding.

Thanks
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hello student_nikita

The application can take up to 6 weeks to process, but it may also be quicker than this. You may still apply through UCAS for your course, this will not affect us assessing you for funding.

Thanks

Thank you Mark.

The offer I received on UCAS was a conditional one. The condition has been fullfilled on my side(IELTS certificate copy provided to uni today).

I have completed my student finance application online and at the end of the process I was presented with a 2 bullit points screen.

2. I have printed out dated&signed and mailed with special delivery the 2 page declaration form already.

1.Evidence
Do I now need to send my British Passport?

I have also been asked online why I did not achieve a qualification on a previous university course of study(Sofia university, Bulgaria 2003).
Online I stated as a reason -" complex family issues at the time"
Looking at guide PN1 2015/2016 page 11 "compelling personal reasons for not achieving a qualification" asks for " Photocopied evidence that supports the reasons you have given". In my case I was in University(before comming to the UK) when my parents got divorced.
I can see some merit in the question (even if student finance england did not provide funding on my previous studies ) but unsure of what photo evidence I need in my case ...

Lastly because I receive housing benefit support , the special support grant section applies.
I filed the online application(25 june 2015 ) and the evidence on special support grant asks for housing benefit entitlement letter dated after course start date. I would have to wait until September to comply and am concerned that my tuition loan may be delayed because of that...

Are tuition loans and special support grants processed independently??
Will one interfere with the other?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi again,

You would have been able to input your UK passport details online when applying, if you have not done so then you may need to send this to us now.

Your previous study can affect what funding you can get, even if taken in another country. CPR evidence can be a letter from a professional person or from the previous university themselves explaining the reasons you could not complete the course.

Special support grant is assessed separately so you can send in this evidence at a later date.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending