The Student Room Group

Relationship has ruined a friendship I really valued

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Women, at least not me, don't think like that, we don't think 'oh he's not enough of a man to ****'. It's like if a guy turned me down I wouldn't think 'I'm not enough of a woman for him to want to **** me'.

I get the bit about staying friends with a girl you are attracted to is painful but imo if anything makes someone 'more of a man' it's this as it means he can handle/control his emotions. I've been guilty of the same thing though, Ive not manned up either. Although I didn't really want a relationship and I told him from the start I went into one with him out of fear of losing him completely when I should have accepted he didn't want me as a friend, although Deep down I felt it unfair that just because of my gender I couldn't have him as a friend. Just because I don't want sex with someone doesn't mean I'm not attracted to them, for one sex does nothing for me and also he has had that many women/was reluctant to get tested I was scared of catching something

Fair enough. Maybe you find him kinda attractive, but not THAT attractive though, right? How do you think he feels about you? Do you think he's secretly a malicious player, like the other people in this thread seem to believe, or do you think he's head over heals for you? I would guess the latter.
Original post by vickie89uk
Bitch please address me when you can spell my name correctly yeah

I've slept with two men (not people) but ive dated more and also I have what's called a twin sister and ive watched it happen from a far.

No if the role was reversed shed be a bitch and he'd be told to run

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arguing about semantics now?

When you are on my level then you can talk to me. Ha!
Original post by InternetGangster
Fair enough. Maybe you find him kinda attractive, but not THAT attractive though, right? How do you think he feels about you? Do you think he's secretly a malicious player, like the other people in this thread seem to believe, or do you think he's head over heals for you? I would guess the latter.

Apparently it makes you less of a man to stand up for what you want according to the people in this thread.......

A woman whom says she has life experience yet has slept with two guys. Meaning that she only likes two enough yet apparently dated more. With the common connection there being her for the relationship not to progress enough kind of puts her comment of life experience in the dirt.

A girl whom had a preconceived idea that it wouldn't work out then gets upset when he stands up for himself after she cuts it off. Id say the same in his situation. As you've said its utterly soul destroying.
Original post by Sam Walters
Apparently it makes you less of a man to stand up for what you want according to the people in this thread.......

A woman whom says she has life experience yet has slept with two guys. Meaning that she only likes two enough yet apparently dated more. With the common connection there being her for the relationship not to progress enough kind of puts her comment of life experience in the dirt.

A girl whom had a preconceived idea that it wouldn't work out then gets upset when he stands up for himself after she cuts it off. Id say the same in his situation. As you've said its utterly soul destroying.

Cutting off, that wasn't me. Standing up for himself? Against what..I didn't do anything to him..I didn't cut anything off at the very start before the relationship began I said I'd rather be friends it was him that wanted to cut me out/off of his life. All I wanted was a friend even if I only saw him every few months/a few times a year but he only saw a relationship or nothing. I felt that my only value to him was sex/a relationship and that I had no other value to him that was kind of soul destroying for me too, I just didn't want to lose him/him to cut me out.
Cutting off, that wasn't me. Standing up for himself? Against what..I didn't do anything to him..I didn't cut anything off at the very start before the relationship began I said I'd rather be friends it was him that wanted to cut me out/off of his life. All I wanted was a friend even if I only saw him every few months/a few times a year but he only saw a relationship or nothing. I felt that my only value to him was sex/a relationship and that I had no other value to him that was kind of soul destroying for me too, I just didn't want to lose him/him to cut me out.

So it was you then. You knew what was happening. Hes protecting himself all or nothing id say its fair enough.

You felt like the only value you had to him was a relationship. Well that's pretty bloody valuable given how little you sore him.

You were not fair to him now hes treating you appropriately. Fair play to him I say hes done the right thing.
So it was you then. You knew what was happening. Hes protecting himself all or nothing id say its fair enough.

You felt like the only value you had to him was a relationship. Well that's pretty bloody valuable given how little you sore him.

You were not fair to him now hes treating you appropriately. Fair play to him I say hes done the right thing.

How little I sore him what you on about? Deep down I just wanted a friend/his company and you are making out like I'm a baddy. I don't hold anything against him he has not even taken that attitude that you have. I'm looking at both sides of the situation but you are only looking at it from his. I've never even had a boyfriend before lol it's less stress being single.

Its called not being just into men sweetheart I means that ive probably had more women then you've had and life experience yes I have had more than you know just because all my sexual encounters have been with both men and women doesn't mean I lack knowledge so shut your mouth and grow up you weirdo

Posted from TSR Mobile

You continually contradict yourself it's annoying get your story straight then we can help you.

As for me im out i have more important things to do than deal with this I think you need to grow up a bit sorry but true

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saw not sore

Also she failed to mention a lot in the first post everything she is now saying shows she didn't really give a clear view on the situation she put it all on him when she's partly to blame I agree there but this is ridiculous I can't cope with this thread it's ridiculous so many contradictions and inconsistencies from OP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw not sore

Also she failed to mention a lot in the first post everything she is now saying shows she didn't really give a clear view on the situation she put it all on him when she's partly to blame I agree there but this is ridiculous I can't cope with this thread it's ridiculous so many contradictions and inconsistencies from OP

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you can speak my language as well as I can speak yours then you can comment on my spelling.

Anyway you seem to be seeing what I was getting on about! Yay!
When you can speak my language as well as I can speak yours then you can comment on my spelling.

Anyway you seem to be seeing what I was getting on about! Yay!

Ha fair enough

Yeah well she can't give half a story and then add in bits reading back trough comments there are like 12 contradictions I see part of your point yes that's why I don't bother with men to much women are simple but you have a point

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hearts are meant to be broken.
Ha fair enough

Yeah well she can't give half a story and then add in bits reading back trough comments there are like 12 contradictions I see part of your point yes that's why I don't bother with men to much women are simple but you have a point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same reason I don't either :h:
Same reason I don't either :h:

I just give up with people no one can ever give an honest story these days half is fiction the rest is non fiction

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just give up with people no one can ever give an honest story these days half is fiction the rest is non fiction

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on about not going for guys lol.
Consider this possibility. What if had stayed friends and one of you fell for the other (basically one got friendzoned bad). The end result is generally the same. One of them doesn't want to see the other because he/she has too many feelings for the other and you can no longer stay 'just friends'. Could've happened, just saying.

I know its very hard losing someone as a friend. Especially of the opposite sex who you really like. But maybe this just wasn't meant to be with him.

Take your time to grieve and get over it. Then, you move on. You may find someone better
Ha fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know women are simple that's why I want to be friends with guys lol, too much gossip.

I told you I don't think he is too blame and gave reasons why you said I was making 'excuses' and that I needed to 'wake up'. Now you are saying something else. I appreciate you trying to help me though even if you say I'm simple, there's no time for tit for tat in life. So yea just thanks for your help. This is a thread and I can't tell a 6 month story straight away I'm trying to answer people's questions. Where are my contradictions as I've not told any fiction at all, why would I when I'm seeking advice.

See she's not a man hater. Glad you have warmed a little to her now :tongue:

Ha yeah men aren't worth the emotional stress there's Ann summers for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know women are simple that's why I want to be friends with guys lol, too much gossip.

I told you I don't think he is too blame and gave reasons why you said I was making 'excuses' and that I needed to 'wake up'. Now you are saying something else. I appreciate you trying to help me though even if you say I'm simple, there's no time for tit for tat in life. So yea just thanks for your help. This is a thread and I can't tell a 6 month story straight away I'm trying to answer people's questions. Where are my contradictions as I've not told any fiction at all, why would I when I'm seeking advice.

I didn't say you were simple but there are things you should have explained straight away I can't even point out contradictions because I have to go back through all the comments but 1) we have had sex then we tried but he got nothing from it hmmm well that's a pretty big contradiction

Never said you were simple I just can't advise when I half half a story

I think your sweet a lovely but I'm also very confused by this whole thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending