The Student Room Group

BTEC Art and Design portfolio for interview

Hey guys,

I have a BTEC Art and Design level 3 interview next week, I have been asked to bring a portfolio however I do not have any work from my previous school and I only have less than 10 pieces of art work at home. Is that enough? I have done observational pencil drawings, acrylic paintings, watercolour paintings, used charcoal etc and I don't know what else to do. What will I be asked in the interview? I have not done art since I left school 2 years ago. please help.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

If it is not too late you should do some projects. When i was doing GCSE's, i did a art and design BTEC. Throughout that we created lots of final pieces and evidence. Art and design asks for creativity, originality and passion for the subject. I would recommend doing a few projects about what you are good at and what you are not good at. By doing this you can show you can adapt to doing art in areas you find uncomfortable/ boring. This shows you love art so much, that you can put up with projects you don't like in art now and again. Do a variety of small projects that are unique and also create a brief for you to follow. To make it even better you can get others to create a brief to show that you can work to other people's standards, and so you can show that you don't just pick topics you love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending