The Student Room Group

What should my top 5 universities be?

Quite an ambiguous question, I suppose; nonetheless, I'm having trouble deciding what universities I would like to apply to when the time comes. Despite only just starting Year 11, I've been -rather sadly- looking at the different universities for law for quite some time, now.

My predicted GCSE grades are: 8A*s, 3As and 1B
At A-level I don't really know what to expect, grade wise. I really hope that I'm able to achieve As and A*s; but the I don't know because I've not started them.

What do you think of these choices (In order of preference):
Oxford (LNAT/AAA)
LSE (A*AA)
UCL (LNAT/A*AA)
Exeter (AAA)
Southampton (AAA)?
And what is the average LSAT score for Oxford?
Original post by JoeWright
Quite an ambiguous question, I suppose; nonetheless, I'm having trouble deciding what universities I would like to apply to when the time comes. Despite only just starting Year 11, I've been -rather sadly- looking at the different universities for law for quite some time, now.

At A-level I don't really know what to expect, grade wise. I really hope that I'm able to achieve As and A*s; but the I don't know because I've not started them.

Oxford (LNAT/AAA)
LSE (A*AA)
UCL (LNAT/A*AA)
Exeter (AAA)
Southampton (AAA)?

Far too early to be worrying about this. Wait until you have your results and have made a start on your ASs. That's a very, very risky set of options you have there and you have no idea how you are going to cope with A levels yet.
If I were you I wouldn't be concerned about which university to apply for at this stage. However, if looking to study law, I would perhaps recommend you try to find some good work experience as this is often essential for a law degree. To be honest you only need to start compiling a list of universities when you've finished your ASs and attended university open days in the summer, after your exams!

Oxford (LNAT/AAA)
LSE (A*AA)
UCL (LNAT/A*AA)
Exeter (AAA)
Southampton (AAA)?

Like other people have said, far too early to be worrying about this. Just get on with getting your grades first.
Oxford (LNAT/AAA)
LSE (A*AA)
UCL (LNAT/A*AA)
Exeter (AAA)
Southampton (AAA)?

I know people in my school who got 13 A*'s at GCSE but are barely hoping to scrape AABB at A level whilst I got 5A*'s, 3A's, 1B and 1C (which was well below year average) and am aiming for A*A*A*B + 1 in STEP and Distinction in AEA. It is hard to say as I know other people in my school in the same position as me and others who aced GCSE's and failed A levels, give it 6 months to a year or so before you can really tell.

So as others have said, just focus on working hard when A levels start and you will see then! Don't focus too much on universities yet. I thought I wanted to do physics up until summer holidays between L6th and U6th when I changed my mind to Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending