The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Hanzing
Yeap, Fun Book Huh? Luckily I havent got to deep into it as essentuallly e only need to know whats in our lectures and so its god for background, and around subject reading but can be a bit in depth.

Hmpf, our lecturers keep telling us... 'no Carlson, he is good but he is a leetle too leetle, now Goldstein he is also good but a beet too much'

Thats just one lecturer really.
Reply 821
Heh, Gotta love that accent.
Reply 822
Hanzing
Heh, Gotta love that accent.

Add hand gestures as necessary.
Has anyone seen the film Battle Royale... I watched it last night and can't stop thinking about it...

If you have, please give me some psychological insight inot the themes raised in it... I'm kinda baffled... It is a relentless piece, and I cannot think of a way to explain the actions in it... I'm rubbish I know :biggrin:
Reply 824
Anyone - Binomial Sign Test?!
i still haven't finished the syllabus :bawling:

sorry raven i know binomials but not a sign test...:google:

or ask Expression, he helped me with the mann whitney u test..or post in the maths forum
Reply 826
Shylock
i still haven't finished the syllabus :bawling:

sorry raven i know binomials but not a sign test...:google:

or ask Expression, he helped me with the mann whitney u test..or post in the maths forum

i have a few maths student pals, but they learn different stuff to us so it doesnt help at all :frown:

I need the Binomial Sign Test for psychology (is not in my book)... i'll google it later, but if anyone else has any ideas, much appreciated!

Thanks anyway Shy :hugs:
Reply 827
God theres a binomial sign test.. Gah sign test im fine with add in other factors..
Reply 828
Hanzing
God theres a binomial sign test.. Gah sign test im fine with add in other factors..

Maybe its the sign test i need?! I just know the lecture notes said 'lets review the binomial distribution'
the later on suddenyl mentioned a sign test, but im sure I remember someone saying 'binomial sign test'... but i might have made it up!

HELP ME!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! :eek:
~Raven~
i have a few maths student pals, but they learn different stuff to us so it doesnt help at all :frown:

I need the Binomial Sign Test for psychology (is not in my book)... i'll google it later, but if anyone else has any ideas, much appreciated!

Thanks anyway Shy :hugs:

that's ok anytime :smile:
is there a difference between the mann whitney u test of psychology and maths?! :s:
Reply 831
Shylock
is there a difference between the mann whitney u test of psychology and maths?! :s:

I have absolutely no idea. My brain has disolved - lobes, fissures and gyri the whole kabosh.
Sadly, that is all I know about brain parts - i am going to fail my exams...
~Raven~
I have absolutely no idea. My brain has disolved - lobes, fissures and gyri the whole kabosh.
Sadly, that is all I know about brain parts - i am going to fail my exams...

me too! :bawling: we can cry together...i still have half the textbook to read before i even begin to think about revising...what made me think i could self study..*mumbles help*

and there better not be two mann whitney u tests...i'm still trying to understand the one i was sent....grr...
Reply 833
Shylock
me too! :bawling: we can cry together...i still have half the textbook to read before i even begin to think about revising...what made me think i could self study..*mumbles help*

and there better not be two mann whitney u tests...i'm still trying to understand the one i was sent....grr...

I doubt there are. Maybe its just other stuff the stupid maths people dont get :bawling: Don't wanna do resits :frown:
~Raven~
I doubt there are. Maybe its just other stuff the stupid maths people dont get :bawling: Don't wanna do resits :frown:

i won't be able to,my last year at college then uni in sept...hopefully i can get a D...that'll do me.
Reply 835
Shylock
i won't be able to,my last year at college then uni in sept...hopefully i can get a D...that'll do me.

I just wanna have a nice summer with no resits or anything so I can be all refreshed for second year when my grades actually count...

But I didnt realise my exams were so soon so i have too much revision, and not enough time :bawling:!

And I'm only on the PC coz I sliced my finger open and can't write for too long without it hurting so I'm here with all the distractions trying to revise off the internet :redface: big mistake!
awww :hugs::hugs: sorry about your finger...and it's ok,treat this as a break,and when the finger's a bit better you can revise...i left work to late as well...:frown: my summer will be hell, Alevel results are coming out in august or something...grr
Reply 837
Shylock
awww :hugs::hugs: sorry about your finger...and it's ok,treat this as a break,and when the finger's a bit better you can revise...i left work to late as well...:frown: my summer will be hell, Alevel results are coming out in august or something...grr

Thanks - think I'm gonna just have to barrel through the finger pain tho lol coz my exams start in 4 weeks and it doesn't seem to be healing!
Right, off to shop now, have done a reasonably small but not too bad amount of revision!

Good luck with yours too huni :hugs:
~Raven~
Thanks - think I'm gonna just have to barrel through the finger pain tho lol coz my exams start in 4 weeks and it doesn't seem to be healing!
Right, off to shop now, have done a reasonably small but not too bad amount of revision!

Good luck with yours too huni :hugs:

thanks! bye :hugs::wavey:
Shylock
luckily my cerebral cortex (memory part of brain? - heh. how ironic :rolleyes: ) is still kinda intact..

i believe they are the same :confused: Since the mann whitney U test is a statistical test used with statistics from other subjects etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending