The Student Room Group

guys ask for my number but never call

this has happened to me a bit
meet a guy, we hook up, they ask for my number and never contact me. like I'm cool with it not being serious but why ask for my number and pretend you want "more" when that's not what you want. Why can't some of these guys just be honest from the start?
If you are a male and do this, why?
Like, I'm fine with casual, but I just hate the whole pretending aspect.

Scroll to see replies

Happened to me many times as well, just try not to take it heart. Often guys who don't call back aren't worth your time anyway, some even just forget or have zero time to text back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
meet a guy, we hook up, they ask for my number and never contact me. like I'm cool with it not being serious but why ask for my number and pretend you want "more" when that's not what you want. Why can't some of these guys just be honest from the start?

Got what they wanted, so why call?

Probably feels more polite to ask as if there was any intent to contact you again rather than just leaving you as someone they just wanted to have sex with, but they don't think that by not calling.. they still send the message of what respect they have.
(edited 8 years ago)
Probably lost interest.
Reply 5

By hook up I am assuming you simply mean chill out and go on a date. I'm not sure why guys do this maybe they find you intimidating or get second thoughts. Why don't you take their number and call them?
Reply 6
Why do you not ask for theirs and call them? Instant problem solved.
Reply 7
Original post by maryamzahid
Happened to me many times as well, just try not to take it heart. Often guys who don't call back aren't worth your time anyway, some even just forget or have zero time to text back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm wondering how anyone has zero time to call back lol maybe you just got to admit to yourself they lost interest.
...did you give them the right number?
Reply 9
I'd call u every night bae
Maybe they just haven't paid their contract?
"I only call you when it's half past five."
Original post by maryamzahid

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you

lol bit cold

Original post by Mancini
By hook up I am assuming you simply mean chill out and go on a date. I'm not sure why guys do this maybe they find you intimidating or get second thoughts. Why don't you take their number and call them?

hook up as in meet and engage in sexual activities etc I have called/text them they don't respond or reply

Original post by Reue
Why do you not ask for theirs and call them? Instant problem solved.

they don't reply

Original post by zippity.doodah
...did you give them the right number?

yup

Original post by ynwatsul
I'd call u every night bae

haha lol :tongue:
Original post by FireGarden
Got what they wanted, so why call?

Probably feels more polite to ask as if there was any intent to contact you again rather than just leaving you as someone they just wanted to have sex with, but they don't think that by not calling.. they still send the message of what respect they have.

I think this is it. I should probably just say to them you don't have to be polite and ask for my number
Reply 14
It all depends on the type of guy you find. Some will get what they want and leave, others will call and perhaps want to advance.
Personally, If I asked for a girls number then I would text or call them and if I was (unfortunately!) not into them then I would be honest and tell them. Better to do that and be honest than to leave them wondering if they did something wrong.
Reply 15
thank you

lol bit cold

hook up as in meet and engage in sexual activities etc I have called/text them they don't respond or reply

they don't reply

yup

haha lol :tongue:

Well I had a feeling you were talking about sex. Now I kind of understand more, not saying I would hav treated you the same but a lot of guys if you give sex to them that easy they won't see you as a longterm dating kinda girl, fact is they'll just see you as easy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
These type of guys are not even worth thinking about. Don't waste your time on them. They're clearly not interested and don't care so you shouldn't care too.
Original post by Mancini
Well I had a feeling you were talking about sex. Now I kind of understand more, not saying I would hav treated you the same but a lot of guys if you give sex to them that easy they won't see you as a longterm dating kinda girl, fact is they'll just see you as easy.

That's terrible because they'll inevitably end up having sex with their girlfriends. Oh well. It's a shame but just something I'll have to accept.

Original post by Olivia9
These type of guys are not even worth thinking about. Don't waste your time on them. They're clearly not interested and don't care so you shouldn't care too.

Yeah, thank you
Reply 18
This is what happens when they sober up.
Guys have always called me back, I'm good. Sometimes I ignored them though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending