The Student Room Group

Arranged marriage

Hey guys
so my parents have decided that at they want to get me married to someone and i’m completely happy with that he is studying to go a good job he has nothing but green flags i’m him my parents said them i am only aloud to get married to him after my studies are complete but i wanted to get married a year or two before then have the actual wedding after but for their sake i agreed to have my wedding after my studies are completed but they are not letting me speak to him or whenever i ask a question my mum gets angry at me whoever i ask for his number she gets even made and says to me you are very urgent to get married wait for it to happen then you will realise where all your urgency has gone i really want his number because this is the first proposal they have brought forward to me and i’m literally in love with this guy for the sake of Allah i also want to make it halal is their any way you can recommend me to have a conversation with my mum so i can get his number in a convincing mum because believe me it is quite difficult combing a Pakistani mum.
Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys
so my parents have decided that at they want to get me married to someone and i’m completely happy with that he is studying to go a good job he has nothing but green flags i’m him my parents said them i am only aloud to get married to him after my studies are complete but i wanted to get married a year or two before then have the actual wedding after but for their sake i agreed to have my wedding after my studies are completed but they are not letting me speak to him or whenever i ask a question my mum gets angry at me whoever i ask for his number she gets even made and says to me you are very urgent to get married wait for it to happen then you will realise where all your urgency has gone i really want his number because this is the first proposal they have brought forward to me and i’m literally in love with this guy for the sake of Allah i also want to make it halal is their any way you can recommend me to have a conversation with my mum so i can get his number in a convincing mum because believe me it is quite difficult combing a Pakistani mum.
Thank you

I'm not sure how helpful I'll be in this but I'll give it a go.

I too have a mum who reacts in this confusing way when I ask a basic question, but I would calmly tell her that you just want to know you're marrying the right guy by texting him and getting to know him slightly before marriage, so you're not getting married to a total stranger
Do you know anything about this man and his past- that comes from independent sources whichdon't involve the things that people you don't know have told your parents? :confused:
Is he single?
Has he told your parents that he wants to get married to you or has his family asked your parents without involving him?
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Do you know anything about this man and his past- that comes from independent sources whichdon't involve the things that people you don't know have told your parents? :confused:
Is he single?
Has he told your parents that he wants to get married to you or has his family asked your parents without involving him?

Yeh i know a little about him but i’m all positive things and getting to know him is another way i wanna what kind of person he is that is why i want his number before marriage find find out if he is a total stranger
no he is single
he isn’t not getting forced or act he is very happy getting married to me
and his family are coming next week to visit so i can also see him in person i just can’t manage to convince my mum for his number even though i just want to know what kind of person he is before walking into this blindly
Reply 4
Original post by elemenohpee
I'm not sure how helpful I'll be in this but I'll give it a go.

I too have a mum who reacts in this confusing way when I ask a basic question, but I would calmly tell her that you just want to know you're marrying the right guy by texting him and getting to know him slightly before marriage, so you're not getting married to a total stranger

Thank you a lot for replying yeh i’m going to try hopefully she understands
Reply 5
I suppose if you trust them to find your marriage partner, it’s not entirely unreasonable to let them make the associated arrangements. All you can do is try to persuade them to respect how you want to go about it. Or branch out and look for a partner yourself with similar good prospects
Hey guys
Thank you

You think that’s difficult what about love marriage
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
I suppose if you trust them to find your marriage partner, it’s not entirely unreasonable to let them make the associated arrangements. All you can do is try to persuade them to respect how you want to go about it. Or branch out and look for a partner yourself with similar good prospects

I don’t want break their hearts hence why i’m listening to who ever they want me to get married first time they came forward and i believe they r going to make the right decision for me and hopefully they do
Reply 8
Original post by Mohammed_80
You think that’s difficult what about love marriage

I don’t want to do love marriage tbh i have not got anyone and my mum doesn’t like it she won’t have anything against it if i did my dad doesn’t king but i don’t wanna break their hearts cause i know deep down they will be heart and if anything goes wrong Allah forbid then that way people won’t say stuff to me and call me names for having a love marriage because to be honest no a says you can’t really trust men they don’t look like who they are most the time but i feel like my parents judgement is never wrong and my grandmas they know how people are and they can recognise them very well as-well so tht is why i prefer arrange over love even tho some people may not agree with me
I don’t want to do love marriage tbh i have not got anyone and my mum doesn’t like it she won’t have anything against it if i did my dad doesn’t king but i don’t wanna break their hearts cause i know deep down they will be heart and if anything goes wrong Allah forbid then that way people won’t say stuff to me and call me names for having a love marriage because to be honest no a says you can’t really trust men they don’t look like who they are most the time but i feel like my parents judgement is never wrong and my grandmas they know how people are and they can recognise them very well as-well so tht is why i prefer arrange over love even tho some people may not agree with me

My scenario love marriage. Love marriage the way to be honest but I respect your opinion your entitled to your own voice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending