The Student Room Group

Promotion at part time job need HELP !?

I work as a steward at a cricket ground, and I work with security staff it can vary amongst the staff we get some can be good and some can be very bad. Now ive been selected to be the head steward of a match and im very nervous as I have never done this before, I really want to make a good job of it.

Ive asked one of the other supervisors and he was so reluctant into tell me what the changes of this role were which I thought was pretty bad as your supposed to work in a team and help each other but no one wants to help me. I think they dont like the fact that the manager has selected me or that I might do a better job than them..

I know there are some changes into the role but I need to be 100% about it and no one will tell me, its like they dont like me and I really dont want to mess up this opportunity.

Im thinking of just emailing my manager and tell him to email back a list on what I should do, at least that way i'll be safe.

In all honestly I feel the staff want me to do bad job so they look good .

Any Advice
Reply 1
BUMP
I think you're best off emailing your manager; maybe mention that your asked your colleagues but they weren't willing to help you?
Reply 3
Original post by elegantelephant
I think you're best off emailing your manager; maybe mention that your asked your colleagues but they weren't willing to help you?

Yeah done it thanks pal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending