The Student Room Group

Student Finance application has reset itself?

Back in March I applied for Student Finance, and within a few days of my parents providing evidence I received confirmation of what I would recieve, both on the website and by post. However, recently, they requested evidence from my parents again, and my application is being assessed again. Does this mean anything bad? Also, as this has happened after the deadline, will I still recieve the loans in time for my course?
Reply 1
Bumping this, my parents sent evidence but received a letter saying they'd sent nothing but the website says they have indeed received evidence. There's been no further updates though, but the previous correspondence from when they approved it earlier in the year is still available to view. Anyone have any idea what's going on? :confused:
Hi,

I'd need to have a look at your account to find out what's happening. Call us on 0300 100 0607 and one of my colleagues can have a closer look for you.

Thanks.
Reply 3
I called the number and the issue has been resolved, thank you for your help. :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi,

I'd need to have a look at your account to find out what's happening. Call us on 0300 100 0607 and one of my colleagues can have a closer look for you.

Thanks.

Hello again! Thought it'd be better to post here again rather than make a new thread; the issue was resolved (student finance had indeed received my parents' evidence but had lost it, thus holding back my application) and they said that now that they had the evidence, my application would be processed within 2 working days. However, it's been almost a week now and I've heard nothing still. Should I phone again?

Also, I require my student support number in order to register for my university. Can I use the SSN that I was given with the previous correspondence that I received when my application was approved in March, or will it change (thus meaning I need to wait for approval again before I can register)? No details have changed since then; it's just that my application for some reason unknown to me has had to be processed again. :s

Thanks again for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Never mind, I phoned and asked again, hopefully it ought to be sorted soon. Thanks again for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending