The Student Room Group

Law books for my personal statement?

Hi,

So after getting my A2 results next month, I hope to apply to UCL, LSE, KCL, Queen Mary and Exeter to do Law (LLB).

In terms of extra curricular activities and work experience- I have that covered. However I want to read some law-based books to gain some inspiration when writing my personal statement.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by A-LevelEconomist
Hi,

So after getting my A2 results next month, I hope to apply to UCL, LSE, KCL, Queen Mary and Exeter to do Law (LLB).

In terms of extra curricular activities and work experience- I have that covered. However I want to read some law-based books to gain some inspiration when writing my personal statement.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What about law? - covers the basics of the 7 core modules studied during your degree.
Letters to a law student - looks at what you actually do during a law degree.
The law section of newspapers

Posted from TSR Mobile
you don't really need to read them, just say you read them. they will just skim that sort of stuff and just take you at face value, unless you get interviewed (oxbridge).
Eve was Framed is good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
For my personal statement, I read a series of books but the one that I found most useful and practical for someone who hasn't started law at university yet is "Letters to a law student" - Nick Mcbride

It's fairly thick but the language is modern, realistic to students and it helped me a lot during my cambridge interview so I hope that it can be useful to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending