The Student Room Group

These A-Levels for Law?

Scroll to see replies

Eng Lit & French are great. If you're considering Law with Psycology, I'd recommend Biology instead of Psycology. If you're considering economics, then I'd do maths instead.

I'd recommend you do P&E as a 4th, an easy way to get a great grade!
English Lit, Economics, Politics and History is a great combo if you're looking to do Law.
Reply 22
Original post by zippity.doodah
see, this is why you shouldn't do it - you don't even know why you're doing it, hence why you'd say that

No mate. I asked simply because I wanted to know why you would ask me that- maybe you had something to say about the degree.

I want to do it because I'm interested in it, and I think I would enjoy it especially with Psychology.
Reply 23
Original post by Big Blue Machine
Eng Lit & French are great. If you're considering Law with Psycology, I'd recommend Biology instead of Psycology. If you're considering economics, then I'd do maths instead.

I'd recommend you do P&E as a 4th, an easy way to get a great grade!

Hmm..I'm not too good at maths and I heard that Biology is quite difficult and there's a lot to learn, so I'm not too sure if I can cope with that! I love Psychology though, so I think Psychology is one of the subjects I'm going to stick with :smile:
Original post by Nadine_08
Hmm..I'm not too good at maths and I heard that Biology is quite difficult and there's a lot to learn, so I'm not too sure if I can cope with that! I love Psychology though, so I think Psychology is one of the subjects I'm going to stick with :smile:

Sure :-)
Reply 25
What about Psychology, Economics and Philosophy & Ethics ?
What about Psychology, Economics and Philosophy & Ethics ?

I would swap one of them for English Lit or History, other than that, perfect!
Reply 27
Original post by alexp98
I would swap one of them for English Lit or History, other than that, perfect!

I was thinking of picking English Literature but am feeling really apprehensive because I'm trying to pick subjects that I think I'll do best in, but I was looking at the English Literature(OCR) grade boundaries and they are really high! Also I'm not familiar with the OCR exam board and have never taken an exam with them before, so I don't want to risk anything. I just don't think I will do well enough in English.

So do you think the combination of Psychology, Economics and Philosophy & Ethics is okay?
I was thinking of picking English Literature but am feeling really apprehensive because I'm trying to pick subjects that I think I'll do best in, but I was looking at the English Literature(OCR) grade boundaries and they are really high! Also I'm not familiar with the OCR exam board and have never taken an exam with them before, so I don't want to risk anything. I just don't think I will do well enough in English.

So do you think the combination of Psychology, Economics and Philosophy & Ethics is okay?

Yeah, should be fine as you've got a decent combination there.
Reply 29
Original post by alexp98
Yeah, should be fine as you've got a decent combination there.

Okay, thank you :smile:
Original post by SarahLund
Both combinations are. Many universities do not really ask for specific subjects, as long as they help you form coherent arguments and develop analytical skills.

English lit may be regarded as slightly stronger, as the poster above has said. Philosophy could potentially be useful for Law, too, however I don't have experience of studying it.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest