The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well it isn't until 4.00. So have all day to,worry / panic about it !!!
Reply 41
Why
Aw, don't worry. It'll only last ONE MINUTE :p: It's just a tiny prick! really, it doesn't hurt as much as if you hit your arm against something hard, it's just the needle which is scaring you, really don't worry and do it!

Exactly- it really is not as bad as you think it will be beforehand. I know it sounds easy to say that, but remember- we've all had them, so we wouldn't lie to you. :p: This time tomorrow you'll be saying how it was so much less of a big deal than you thought it would be, I guarantee you.
Is it a fasting blood test?
Reply 43
No
Ok well make sure you have eaten enough so you don't feel faint anyway from lack of food. To be honest, nothing we can say is going to make you feel any better is it, you're not gonna believe us that it's not as bad as you're imagining until you've had it done yourself are you? :wink: I understand that, I was the same too. To a certain extent though, it's likely that there will be other occassions in your life when you need a blood test so it's something you will have to learn to deal with. :rolleyes: We can't really offer you any more advice than we have already, but it will be ok. :hugs:
Reply 45
Thanks for all ur advice. Very grateful.

It's not until 4.00, so will have to try and stay calm until then !!
Reply 46
fleur de lis
Ok well make sure you have eaten enough so you don't feel faint anyway from lack of food. To be honest, nothing we can say is going to make you feel any better is it, you're not gonna believe us that it's not as bad as you're imagining until you've had it done yourself are you? :wink: I understand that, I was the same too. To a certain extent though, it's likely that there will be other occassions in your life when you need a blood test so it's something you will have to learn to deal with. :rolleyes: We can't really offer you any more advice than we have already, but it will be ok. :hugs:

100% agree. I hope you feel better tomorrow- come and tell us how it went afterwards. :smile: :hugs:
Reply 47
Will let u know what happens.

Very apprehensive. Counting on mum to keep me calm. Gonna squeeze her hand so tight !

Might still back out though. !
Don't back out sweetie, you gotta have it done, and you really will be fine. :smile:
Reply 49
Honestl;y i hate needles soooo much.

I had some blood test done last year about 8 small bottles were taken from me.

I went in and my normal nurse was like "Sorry but i will not be doing you blood test today she is" *i looked up* *thought to myself i have seen her who is she?* Nurse replies "she is the secretary and has never done a blood test before so she is a little nervous!" I thought bloody hell is she is nervous then i'm a goner.

That was a true story by the way hope it cheered you up and trust you'll be fine! :biggrin:
Reply 50
You'll find that once you're there it will be over so quickly and will be fine. But until then, you're gonna be thinking of "what if..." and building it up into such a big thing in your mind that you're bound to be scared. Try not to think about it, and esipecially don't think negative things like you've got "all day to worry / panic about it".
Reply 51
Well today's the day !! :eek:

Hardly slept last night - just soo scared . Feel like bursting into tears. :frown:

Busy until 1.30 - then back home.Then that long wait until 4.00 !!!

soo scared i feel very sick. !
Aw, stop being a baby :p:
Reply 53
I had 2 injections today! it didnt hurt at all
Reply 54
sim90
I had 2 injections today! it didnt hurt at all

I'm not worried about the pain.

Just the idea of what will happen terrifys me :eek:
Reply 55
Oh help. Feeling soooo scared. Really don't want it.

Thinking about not going !!. Just so nervous, i feel very sick .

If i do go - is it a big needle ? :eek:
Reply 56
Please can someone tell me - How big is the Needle ? :eek:

Sorry just panicking soo much. Scared and don't want it. :frown:
I used to possess the same phobia... diabetes helped me get over it very swiftly. The needle is not very long, well it is but they don't push it in far. It does, however, tend to be quite broad... just don't look... bear in mind, all they do is pierce the skin in your arm and your veins are really close to the surface, so they dont really have to do much.

Honestly, you'll live :biggrin:.
Reply 58
i just got back from mine, the needles not that big and doesnt really go in that far at all.
Reply 59
I really don't want to go. Seriously considering not having it !!!

Just so scared i'm shaking. Feeling very sick !!

Latest

Trending

Trending