The Student Room Group

Insurance

Does anyone actually bother with topping up their insurance that comes with student accommodation and is it worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodwinning
Does anyone actually bother with topping up their insurance that comes with student accommodation and is it worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I topped mine up as i wanted laptop cover out of my room and got seperate phone insurance. It depends how much your stuff is worth really.
Reply 2
Tbh I'm not planning on bringing anything of much worth especially what with being in halls but it's just my iPad and my phone I'm concerned about. Idk whether it's worth bringing with me and insuring it or just leaving it at home.

How much did you pay for yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I'm not planning on bringing anything of much worth especially what with being in halls but it's just my iPad and my phone I'm concerned about. Idk whether it's worth bringing with me and insuring it or just leaving it at home.

How much did you pay for yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ended up getting my own contents/gadget/phone insurance to top it up for a fiver i think, my insurance costs me £7 a month now i ve got my own place with my phone and everything included so dont expect to pay anymore than that I d say:smile:
Insurance is so cheap nowadays that it's a bit silly not to.

I had two claims on my insurance and it covered one on holiday. One was when a glass smashed over my graphics tablet, one for when my water resistant phone got water damage...

Saved me in total about £500 and I only paid £6 a month.
Reply 5
What company did you get your insurance at? My quotes from Endsleigh and Protect Your Bubble are coming up at £12/month for my phone and tablet. Is it because they're both Apple products? 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
What company did you get your insurance at? My quotes from Endsleigh and Protect Your Bubble are coming up at £12/month for my phone and tablet. Is it because they're both Apple products? 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Search for Endsleigh Students. You don't have to do this straight away - there may well be an Endsleigh rep available on move in day. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Roving Fish
Search for Endsleigh Students. You don't have to do this straight away - there may well be an Endsleigh rep available on move in day. :smile:

Ok, thanks for that and good to know. I don't mind paying under a tenner but anything over that for just two items I think would be steep on a student budget.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, thanks for that and good to know. I don't mind paying under a tenner but anything over that for just two items I think would be steep on a student budget.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can do it based on monetary value. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending