The Student Room Group

Computer Science Personal Statement

I was wondering if anyone could give me some good points to put into a personal statement for computer science/computing. Any tips or examples would be really helpful thanks. I'm quite desperate
Original post by alexm710
I was wondering if anyone could give me some good points to put into a personal statement for computer science/computing. Any tips or examples would be really helpful thanks. I'm quite desperate

What have you done related to computer science? Read anything? Programmed anything? Watched anything?
Reply 2
The only real point of advice I have is don't just use all 4000 characters talking about programming languages and apps you've developed. Computer science is a subset of maths, and as such has an incredibly large amount of theory involved. Mix up the programming aspects with talk of deeper questions, read up about p=np, what are its implications. What are the implications and limitations of quantum computing. Things like this stand out a lot more than, "I made a brick breaker game in C and it was really fun".
Reply 3
Here's a basic plan which I used last year:

- Intro: Why are you interested in the course?
- Books/Lectures
- Work experience and extra curriculars linking
- Conclusion: Why are you the right person for the degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending