alexm710
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was wondering if anyone could give me some good points to put into a personal statement for computer science/computing. Any tips or examples would be really helpful thanks. I'm quite desperate
username1357713
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alexm710)
I was wondering if anyone could give me some good points to put into a personal statement for computer science/computing. Any tips or examples would be really helpful thanks. I'm quite desperate
What have you done related to computer science? Read anything? Programmed anything? Watched anything?
tim_123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The only real point of advice I have is don't just use all 4000 characters talking about programming languages and apps you've developed. Computer science is a subset of maths, and as such has an incredibly large amount of theory involved. Mix up the programming aspects with talk of deeper questions, read up about p=np, what are its implications. What are the implications and limitations of quantum computing. Things like this stand out a lot more than, "I made a brick breaker game in C and it was really fun".
ps1265A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Here's a basic plan which I used last year:

- Intro: Why are you interested in the course?
- Books/Lectures
- Work experience and extra curriculars linking
- Conclusion: Why are you the right person for the degree?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads