The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

I'm in my second last year of high school and in 6th year I hope I'm able to pick up higher biology do you think I will be able to as I've never studied it before?
Yes, ask your school what grades you need for that subject, and achieve those grades :smile:
Reply 2
What's the requirements to do higher maths over one year? And do they look at your national 5 maths results and decide from that whether you do higher over one year or two?
A level content is normally different to GCSE and if they are atleast an average school, they would teach you everything on the course so yeah you can do it
Reply 4
Are all universities in Scotland requiring 5 A's to do medicine in one year?
Original post by Zrehman24
Are all universities in Scotland requiring 5 A's to do medicine in one year?

Yes most look for at least AAAAB from 5th year, but most applicants have 5As. (Some unis I think are now listing 5As as the requirement but I haven't looked at the websites recently)

As for biology, it is definitely possible to do it in 6th year, most people if they are doing a 'crash' science biology is what they pick (I did crash higher biology in 6th year). Will help a little if you already did chemistry in 5th year.
Reply 6
Did you find the higher biology course difficult in catching up and understanding the whole course? I am doing physics and chemistry in 5th year
Did you find the higher biology course difficult in catching up and understanding the whole course? I am doing physics and chemistry in 5th year

Nah not at all. There were parts of it that just seemed completely random as I'd never done anything about them before but all in all it was relatively 'easy' compared to the three advanced highers I was doing :tongue: I enjoyed it anyway (by easy i mean i enjoyed it a lot and it wasnt as complex as the equations etc in physics, was more knowledge based which i tend to enjoy/understand more)
I'm in my second last year of high school and in 6th year I hope I'm able to pick up higher biology do you think I will be able to as I've never studied it before?

Pick up an Intermediate 2/Standard Grade* book for a couple of quid off of amazon** to read through the summer before you start S6 to catch up on the basics if you're worried about crashing it.

(*Do they still do Intermediate 2s now? I left school a while ago, and I know the curriculum has changed.)

(**Other online retailers are available....:tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending