The Student Room Group

What happens on results day?

So with all the results predicting and panicking going on atm, I've been thinking about results day and have realised that I have no idea what to expect. Do you just turn up and they give you an envelope? Are results on one sheet of paper, just like a list? Or divided by exam board? Do you only get the grades for the overall qualification or for each exam? Do you get the marks as well or only the grades?

I know this is a lot of questions and sorry if they seem stupid but nobody has ever really told me anything about results day, other than when it is :frown:

Thanks in advance,
Daisymaisy98
Original post by daisymaisy98
So with all the results predicting and panicking going on atm, I've been thinking about results day and have realised that I have no idea what to expect. Do you just turn up and they give you an envelope? Are results on one sheet of paper, just like a list? Or divided by exam board? Do you only get the grades for the overall qualification or for each exam? Do you get the marks as well or only the grades?

I know this is a lot of questions and sorry if they seem stupid but nobody has ever really told me anything about results day, other than when it is :frown:

Thanks in advance,
Daisymaisy98

If its like my school, you ll get every subject with its grades and Ums and these for each exam you did in the summer on a sheet of paper in an envelope.
1. Go to school and get results
2. Go on tsr and see people with 10 a stars and 1 a dissapointed
3. Cry
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
If its like my school, you ll get every subject with its grades and Ums and these for each exam you did in the summer on a sheet of paper in an envelope.

Same at my school.
idek what time I turn up for mine.

idek if the time matters.

fewk
Original post by daisymaisy98

Thanks in advance,
Daisymaisy98

At my school:
We went into the sixth form building at 9:00, and queued at one of 2 different tables. The tables were split by the position of your surname in the alphabet. A-M and N-Z I think.There were 2 staff members at each table, you told them your full name and they handed you a brown envelope.

Inside the envelope were sheets of paper with your name, candidate number, school etc at the top. They had a list of all of your subjects and your overall grade and UMS marks for each. Underneath all of that was a breakdown of how many UMS points you got per unit (including exams and coursework). http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2808925

UMS can be converted to raw marks if you look at the grade boundaries on the relevant exam board's website.

In October, your school receives your exam certificates, which are the official records, from each exam board, of your grades.
(edited 8 years ago)
So what happens when it comes to deciding what sixth form or college you go to? Do you just turn up to the school you want to attend, pass them your grades and they'll decide if it meets their requirement and you're good to go??
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest