The Student Room Group

Which unis suit my grades best?

I'm a little disappointed with my AS results but I'm planning on getting some remarks, as well as resitting a few next year to bring them up. I'm hoping to study computer science. What standard of uni should I be looking at? As in, which unis are too aspirational and which would still be within my reach?

Original post by ryanroks1
I'm a little disappointed with my AS results but I'm planning on getting some remarks, as well as resitting a few next year to bring them up. I'm hoping to study computer science. What standard of uni should I be looking at? As in, which unis are too aspirational and which would still be within my reach?

Your grades are not that bad tbh, have you considered places like KCL and Exeter?
Those are still pretty good grades and I'm sure with a remark and perhaps a resit for maths you can bump it to an A. Luckily maths is probably the easiest subject to resit as the units are smaller and AS is essentially a basic version of A2. Whereas history, for example, the AS units are completely different content. I would say you can still aim for Russel Group standard unis, ie York, Exeter, etc. However the top russel groups, such as UCL, Durham, Oxbridge may be out of your reach.

Quick Reply

Latest