The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
Original post by legaleagle26
I have been watching this thread for some time and am absolutely delighted to post that I have just received an offer to study for an MPhil in Criminology! Absolutely delighted!! 🎉😃🎉

Just in case, anyone is interested, my timescale was -

4 Dec: Application submitted
8 Dec: Under consideration by dept
6 Jan: BoGs
8 Jan: Offer!!
14 Jan: Accepted at Jesus College :smile:

hey! i applied for mphil in criminology as well but havent heard back - if you dont mind me asking, whats your undergrad degree & score?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by john_z123
I am going from Gatwick Airport to Cambridge on the 27th, and I am hoping to share a taxi to either Cambridge or to King`s Cross (and then take a train to Cambridge).

Do you know a website where I can match with people for that?
or a Facebook page?

As others have said: a taxi is not a feasible option!

Get the Southern Rail train from Gatwick to Victoria and then hop on tube to King's Cross or Liverpool Street where you can get a nice short train journey to Cambridge. It's not long at all and it is relatively cheap. I've done this journey several times and it's perfectly fine.

Please don't get a taxi, you'll be bankrupt at this rate! Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by john_z123
Haha, yes I know it is quite pricey. But I will be moving with 2 big luggages, and one small. I am not sure how I will be carrying this on the stairs to get to the station.

I looked up a taxi from Gatwick to King's Cross and I can book it online for 65GDP for 2 suitcases and 4 people. If I am to share with someone, I am assuming they have suitcases as well, so that would be 90GDP (to get the bigger car) but for 2 people.

I am just scared of losing my luggage while moving one at a time on the stairs (although it would be tough for someone to just grab one and run with it ://)

I've just noticed that you will have many cases. Get a taxi from Gatwick to King's Cross and then get the train from there. Ask one of the staff members to help you :smile:

When I move down from Southport (near Liverpool) I'll be taking my stuff like you but via train. I'll do it over a couple of train journeys, so maybe consider doing a few train journeys rather than paying all that money for a taxi?

Also, buy all your plates and pans etc in Cambridge. Don't take anything with you that you don't need. I'm gonna go with pretty much nothing but my pencil case and my soul! Just take what you need. Be selective. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending