The Student Room Group

What was your first weekend at uni like?

I'm seriously nervous about uni and I have social anxiety which makes it 10x worse, what was it like? What did you do? Any tips for first impressions?

Scroll to see replies

Moved to University Life, where you're more likely to get an answer :smile:
I moved in on a Saturday I believe. First evening my roommate and another one of my flatmates and I played UNO and went to bed st 10pm. The Sunday we had some social thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Moonstruck16
I moved in on a Saturday I believe. First evening my roommate and another one of my flatmates and I played UNO and went to bed st 10pm. The Sunday we had some social thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats nice, exactly what I would want too. So reasuring, and I love uno. Must remember to pack uno cards! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i've never even played uno...uni is only weeks away and im so underprepared, f*** my life
Original post by CelticBeast
i've never even played uno...uni is only weeks away and im so underprepared, f*** my life

Lol I'd never played it either. They spent all evening trying to teach me but I still don't get it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I'd never played it either. They spent all evening trying to teach me but I still don't get it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aye looks weird as f*** with the wee thing in the middle that shoots cards at you or is that a different game?
aye looks weird as f*** with the wee thing in the middle that shoots cards at you or is that a different game?

Same game, that's just a gimmick they used to generate sales, like all those monopoly editions
Reply 8
UNO?! What about going out for some drinks?!
Original post by .A_C.
UNO?! What about going out for some drinks?!

We did eventually :tongue: We were just dead the first night + my halls was tiny + nobody else turned up on the move in day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Taelii
I'm seriously nervous about uni and I have social anxiety which makes it 10x worse, what was it like? What did you do? Any tips for first impressions?

same here, really bad social anxiety. planning to skip orientation week and stay in my room all day until semester ends :redface:
Reply 11
I shut myself in my room and cried for the whole of Saturday afternoon, thinking I'd never make friends. I felt nervous around guys at the time so I avoided my flatmates lmao. By the evening, they made me come out clubbing with them, and that's where I met a good friend of mine. By Sunday I started to feel more optimistic about university.
I'm in the same position but I'm more worried about my flatmates being boring/useless, who am I supposed to do stuff with then? :frown:
Reply 13
We did eventually :tongue: We were just dead the first night + my halls was tiny + nobody else turned up on the move in day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, I wasn't hating on teetotalism (if that's what you were thinking)! I've been out drinking a lot more recently leading up to my first weekend at uni next week, I just assume it's mandatory to at least go out clubbing for a while, get drunk and have fun! However playing uno does sound fun.. ;D
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Same game, that's just a gimmick they used to generate sales, like all those monopoly editions

oh right, aye monopoly are taking the piss these days

still threads like these lead me to believe uni will be a disappointment, i was originally expecting to enter into a coke fuelled orgy pretty much on arrival but it turns out ill be playing uno.....f*** this
I moved in on the Sunday so everyone was busy unpacking and had to enroll the next day, pretty sure our first full weekend was film nights/out at the SU. We ended up chilling in the flat playing poker and drinking.
Reply 16
Original post by ammmauk
same here, really bad social anxiety. planning to skip orientation week and stay in my room all day until semester ends :redface:

You shouldn't do that, try put yourself out there? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Well you can play uno to recouperate from the all night drunken orgy you attend on the first night :wink:
Original post by .A_C.
Ahh I see, I wasn't hating on teetotalism (if that's what you were thinking)! I've been out drinking a lot more recently leading up to my first weekend at uni next week, I just assume it's mandatory to at least go out clubbing for a while, get drunk and have fun! However playing uno does sound fun.. ;D

We did drink whilst we were playing UNO, just we didn't want to get smashed on our first night with two people we didn't know.

The going out was saved for the rest of freshers' fortnight :tongue: But that first night was really just settling in and being awkward. It worked though, one of the girls is now one of my closest friends at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh right, aye monopoly are taking the piss these days

still threads like these lead me to believe uni will be a disappointment, i was originally expecting to enter into a coke fuelled orgy pretty much on arrival but it turns out ill be playing uno.....f*** this

Omg bahaha read my above reply :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending