The Student Room Group

Is commuting for 1hr 20mins reasonable?

Scroll to see replies

I had about that long a commute in undergraduate school. The 'flip' side of the coin, is that i'm an only child - and i have never learned to work in a 'boiler factory' - which is what nearly all the dorms [or 'halls' as you lot call them] amount to. If i'm going to study effectively [even as inefficiently as i did it in undergraduate uni], i have to have quiet. The time i spent commuting, was well worth it in the greater efficiency of my studying - when i didn't have to put up with other students who 'randomly' dropped in, just when i was trying to study for an exam. In graduate school, i had an even longer commute - altho that was just one day a week - as a 3 hr night class. In that case too - i lived alone, so i had complete quiet to study & read. Perhaps that's the reason that i was able to 'swindle' them out of a master's degree. Best of luck!!
Reply 21
DONT DO IT. I had a similar travel time for 2 years for sixth form as i had to get two buses and it was honestly the worst. Travelling itself and having to wake up early in the morning will honestly drain you that by the time you get home you will have no motivation to do anything. Live at the uni, it will make your life so much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending