The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Anyone staying at home?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by udeyomydays
you guys will be all rite honestly, just join some societies, smile and relax! First year is nothing :smile:

Thanks! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by ABates2015
Thanks hopefully! I live in hartlepool so I'd have to get the train in, and sometimes they don't run late at night haha
Do you have the link to the Facebook group- I can find it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg hahaha I'm literally a knob head!! I didnt realise this thread was for Newcastle uni :smile: I'm all the way down in London haha!

Either way good luck, join societies and all sorts, you'll make friends in no time xD
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Omg hahaha I'm literally a knob head!! I didnt realise this thread was for Newcastle uni :smile: I'm all the way down in London haha!

Either way good luck, join societies and all sorts, you'll make friends in no time xD

Hahahaa 😂 thanks for all your help and advice though! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The obvious solution would be to step up a 'commute society' at Newcastle and meet people before you even start!
Reply 44
I'm staying at home and studying Physics, unfortunately I can't drink due to health reasons so I'll likely join a few societies to get involved, big fan of darts and the poker and technology/computing societies they have are interesting me
Reply 45
Original post by Ingham96
I'm staying at home and studying Physics, unfortunately I can't drink due to health reasons so I'll likely join a few societies to get involved, big fan of darts and the poker and technology/computing societies they have are interesting me

Ah that sounds cool, will you be going to any of the early arrivals events? :smile:
Reply 46
Not sure, this is the first I've heard of these events
I've lived at home for the past 2 years now and I've still made lots of friends. :smile:
Not sure, this is the first I've heard of these events

Take a look :smile:

Persephone
Reply 49
Thanks, how do we get student cards?
Thanks, how do we get student cards?

You collect your smartcard during the Registration Period. For new Undergraduate students that's any time between 9am and 5pm from Wednesday 23 September to Thurs 1 October (including the weekend of Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October).

You collect it from the King's Road Centre after you confirm your identity :smile:

Persephone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending