The Student Room Group

Get a little help with some decisions?

Hey all,

So i'm struggling a little with what subjects to drop, which subjects to retake, and how to organise myself for the upcoming year 13.

So at GCSE I got A*, 3A, 6B.... which i thought where quite good grades! :biggrin: However, For my ASs i got B,C,D,D Which was a bit of a shock, especially since I have been struggling with physics all year... and that was my C.

SO my initial plan, before results, was to continue with maths, computing, graphics, with my sights on a place in a computer science course at Uni at York or Surrey or some ABB university.

My AS B was in maths, which is great news! My Ds where in graphics and computing, which is a massive disappointment.

So now I need to decide if I have the ability to retake computing and graphics, and take and A2 in them next year (both of them are coursework heavy) without exploding internally. Or i could retake physics, take physics and computing, which would be less coursework, but since when I came out of the physics exam I had no idea what i had written or how it had went, it would be quite scary doing this.

Another thing is that I love designing and drawing, and graphics is a very enjoyable subject for me.

I cannot drop maths or computing, due to wanting a future in computer science. So I don't know whether to drop physics or graphics.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
George
Physics is actually considered more important than Computing for many Computer Science courses. I would advise you to drop the Graphics and continue with Maths, Physics and Computing, resitting a Computing exam or some coursework to try and bring your grade up to a B by the end of A levels. However, if you absolutely detest Physics and don't think you can continue with it, email the uninversities you're interested in and ask if they would accept you with just AS Physics.

Quick Reply

Latest