The Student Room Group

Anyone else dreading starting sixth form/ a-levels

I'm at enrolment right now and being in the sixth form environment has really put me off.

For the whole summer I was soooo excited to start and now I don't want summer to end!

Am I the only one that isn't feeling very enthusiastic to start sixth form/ college ??
Nah im looking forward to starting and meeting new people!
Reply 2
Original post by judogainz
Nah im looking forward to starting and meeting new people!

So am I but it feels kind of daunting at the same time..
Reply 3
I know what you mean. I'm excited and nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1295084
So am I but it feels kind of daunting at the same time..

how come its feels daunting?
what do students think about the Harris federation the 6th form? i want hard facts from students who have studied there, what students have heard about it and what the teaching is really like.

will students be happy there?
do teachers go out of their way to make students understand?
how is the pastoral care?
do teachers care about the students learning and well being or is it just for reputation?
are teachers passionate about their subjects?
Is Harris "success" down to the teaching or down to already driven students who want to succeed and end up teaching themselves?
Reply 6
Year 12 has been the best year of my school life so far.

Lots more personal freedom, the joy of studying subjects that you take an interest in, and you no longer have the students who disrupt the class. You meet lots of new people (and I was lucky enough to retain contact with old friends). Some sixth forms offer loads of clubs and societies.

And let's not forget the best thing... free periods!
I just finished my A2s in a sixth form and i had an amazing time, I much preferred the more concentrated environments and the higher level of learning in subjects i have a passion for!

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll adapt and settle in.
Reply 8
Original post by judogainz
how come its feels daunting?

Because I just feel so unprepared for A-levels + making friends is so hard (especially with girls) :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by elen90
Year 12 has been the best year of my school life so far.

Lots more personal freedom, the joy of studying subjects that you take an interest in, and you no longer have the students who disrupt the class. You meet lots of new people (and I was lucky enough to retain contact with old friends). Some sixth forms offer loads of clubs and societies.

And let's not forget the best thing... free periods!

What subjects did you do???
Reply 10
Original post by 1295084
What subjects did you do???

History, French, Geography and Biology :smile:
I was dreading it until I went to the taster days, where I surprisingly formed a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. It's not too bad, and I can only hope it remains that way through the two years.

Quick Reply

Latest