The Student Room Group

What potential diseases could I obtain through going down on a female?

I was willing to perform oral on women, but then I have read a lot of things and it has put me off.
I should highlight that I am a male virgin...early 20s.

Do many men don't do oral on their partner because they find it disgusting (from what I have heard, a lot of men don't like doing it) or is it because they are afraid of catching something?

Thanks for all replies.
It's possible, but not terribly likely, to catch a couple of things. HIV isn't one of them.

As to why some men don't like it, I am tempted to use the Douglas Adam line about there being 'three reasons: ignorance, stupidity and nothing else', but no-one likes everything.
Oh yes, if you want to make it safer, you can use a barrier (a 'dental dam' - clingfilm is a cheap and easy way to make one). Hardly anyone does, but only you know if the risks without are acceptable.
Reply 3
Thanks for the help.
I went down on a girl once and can assure you it was ten times more appeasing than going down on a man as for the things you could catch well.... If you penis is going in there then that shouldn't be a problem.

You can get hsv 2 on your face though if you don't already have it on your penis.

I

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I recall correctly, you can transfer most STDs via cunnilingus (the medical terminology of going down on a girl :P ) but the statistical risk of this is very low. So things to note are:

Get yourself checked out at a clinic, ask for an STD test, some places do them free, some not :biggrin:

Before cunnilingus try and ask your partner if they have had an STD test, if they have and they are clean..... YOU'RE GOOD TO GO!! :biggrin:

If you have cuts in your mouth then you could maybe try and avoid cunnilingus util they are all sealed up, having cuts gives a more direct root to the blood and therefore increases the probability of STD transmission

If you get scared or they do have an STD use a "Dental-Dam" as unprinted suggested (and a condom for when it gets really hot :P )

The upshot of this is that. The chances of STD via cunnilingus are very low, HIV is non-existent. BUT FOR REAL GO GET CHECKED OUT!!!! :P If you are free of STDs and she is free of them in the first place then there is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, even though there is very little to worry about at first.

My sources if you wanna read are:
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex-and-relationships/cunnilingus.htm
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/cunnilingus-STD-risk----in-summary/show/735690
Original post by Cascadess
ask your partner if they have had an STD test, if they have and they are clean..... YOU'RE GOOD TO GO!!

Because no-one ever lies about this...
Reply 7
Unless she has an STD (you should both get yourselves checked out if there's any risk), then no, the only thing you can get from going down on a girl is extreme amounts of enjoyment :tongue:
Reply 8
Thanks for all the help guys, I am certainly better informed now.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I was willing to perform oral on women, but then I have read a lot of things and it has put me off.
I should highlight that I am a male virgin...early 20s.

Do many men don't do oral on their partner because they find it disgusting (from what I have heard, a lot of men don't like doing it) or is it because they are afraid of catching something?

Thanks for all replies.

syphilis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also herpes (no brainer, there)

also, pubes in the teeth are a serious threat... they are easy to contract and not easy to notice until you open your mouth later at the dinner table and all your flatmates point and laugh... very traumatic experience
Original post by gijops
syphilis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also herpes (no brainer, there)

also, pubes in the teeth are a serious threat... they are easy to contract and not easy to notice until you open your mouth later at the dinner table and all your flatmates point and laugh... very traumatic experience

Erwwwwwwwwww come on wtf as if you just left pubes in your teeth :puke:
Reply 11
Original post by Little Popcorns

you need to tell her to shave pubes who the hell has pubes??
if it's not someone you know and trust to be STD-free, use a dental dam as a barrier to prevent any risk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Little Popcorns

I tole you it's not easy to notice! people walk around all the time with green stuff in-between their teeth and dont notice, it's the same feeling with pubes yo

Quick Reply

Latest