The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm terrified about the UC Paper. I have done a few mocks in the last couple of weeks and they are absolutely awful! The questions are just so random, I can't bare it!
Reply 2
MaccaUK
Any ideas of what those delighful individuals are going to throw at us in the Module 6 paper a week thursday. And how much of AS do we have to remember for this. I seem to have forgotten most of it!

Sam M

it can vary year to year. i done a mock paper a while back and around 80% of it was on forces + motion unit 1! then 10% was electrons and 10% on forces fields energy no waves. then i done another one and it was about equal 25% between all 4 modules.
what are you doing for unit 5?
I'm doing Cosmology. That is fecking hard too! The equations are a total joke! ie, the Critical density of mass in the universe. Evil OCR Bastards!!
Reply 4
i'm doin health physics. MRI,CAT scans,ultrasound my ass
Reply 5
ThunderCat8
I'm doing Cosmology. That is fecking hard too! The equations are a total joke! ie, the Critical density of mass in the universe. Evil OCR Bastards!!

im doin cosmo too! scaryy...
please tll me thats not a week thursday- thats 29th june isnt it? please??? heh
Im doing Telecoms for my optional module...oh...and isn't it a week on Friday? Rather than Thursday :confused:
Reply 7
UC and FFE is on thurs 17th.. cosmo/spec option is on monday 28th june!
just checked on ocr site
Reply 8
MaccaUK
Any ideas of what those delighful individuals are going to throw at us in the Module 6 paper a week thursday. And how much of AS do we have to remember for this. I seem to have forgotten most of it!

Sam M

It's synoptic - so it covers everything.

It's a shame that modules 4 and 6 are on the same session. At least the option module is later. I'm doing the nuclear option.
Reply 9
i think it doesnt make a difference having 4 and 6 together - you're supposed to know all of 4 for module 6, so only problem is a long exam time
Reply 10
It is times like this i realise i hate physics, I am the only one in my school doing health phys which has been what only can be described as hell.
Is there likely to be an essay based question in Mod 6?

Best of luck to everyone doing the exams, it should all pay off in the end, (they say)
Reply 11
MaccaUK
It is times like this i realise i hate physics, I am the only one in my school doing health phys which has been what only can be described as hell.
Is there likely to be an essay based question in Mod 6?

Best of luck to everyone doing the exams, it should all pay off in the end, (they say)

i'm doing health physics too it really is a barst@d. yeh all the health physics have a sypnoptic question at the end round 20 marks from 90. and there is usually a question worth 10 marks saying describe the principle of either MRI,ultasound etc. i hope they ask advantages and disadvantages of mediacal treatments that would be easy!
Reply 12
Just to be strange we did our option module (health physics) in jan, i found this better so far, it seemed to fit in better and this time we're doin forces+fields and unifying concepts
Reply 13
cobra01977
Just to be strange we did our option module (health physics) in jan, i found this better so far, it seemed to fit in better and this time we're doin forces+fields and unifying concepts

i was just doing the health physics paper from january 2004, it seems quite hard, what did you get, and did you know when you left the exam you would get that?
Reply 14
the nuclear and particle physics option overlaps beautifully with the nuclear stuff in the forces fields and energy paper which could also come up in the unifying concepts!
Reply 15
chats
i was just doing the health physics paper from january 2004, it seems quite hard, what did you get, and did you know when you left the exam you would get that?

at the time i thought it was very hard, but i wa able to pick up lots of marks on the synoptic one as it was somthing i knew, but after the exam i felt it had gone very badly. i got 82/90
Reply 16
cobra01977
at the time i thought it was very hard, but i wa able to pick up lots of marks on the synoptic one as it was somthing i knew, but after the exam i felt it had gone very badly. i got 82/90

thats good, i would love to get that! you must of been shocked!
Reply 17
chats
thats good, i would love to get that! you must of been shocked!

yeah, i was but some people on our class didnt do so well
Reply 18
yep i have to do this crap too

however iw orked out that if i get 80/90 on module A retake, and 70/90 on nuc particle, i only need 30/60 on UC to get an A

nothings impossible
Reply 19
cobra01977
yeah, i was but some people on our class didnt do so well

i dont think your way is strange i think its better, caus while you are working on FFE you are also revising for UC. unlike us we done FFE in january, and now we are trying to refresh our memories

Latest

Trending

Trending