The Student Room Group

Can you overtake on a roundabout?

If there is a car who is blocking one of the exits and the back of the car is half still on the roundabout, can you MSM right and overtake it via going into the next lane and then coming back to your lane? I was just thinking, because if you just sit there and wait for it you may get a fail for hesitation.
No, I tried this when I was prepping for my test, and my instructor told me that you can't do it. Just go into first gear and wait for the guy/gal to move.
Original post by bealetthembe
No, I tried this when I was prepping for my test, and my instructor told me that you can't do it. Just go into first gear and wait for the guy/gal to move.

This
Reply 3
There are blockages and there are blockages.

If you judge that the blockage is of a very temporary nature and you can see that the queue ahead is already moving, and that the blockage is about to move very soon, then sit tight and wait.

You may judge that the blockage is going to be there for some time yet, so it's fine to drive around the obstacle if it's safe to do so, just like you'd drive around a parked car.
Original post by Advisor
There are blockages and there are blockages.

If you judge that the blockage is of a very temporary nature and you can see that the queue ahead is already moving, and that the blockage is about to move very soon, then sit tight and wait.

You may judge that the blockage is going to be there for some time yet, so it's fine to drive around the obstacle if it's safe to do so, just like you'd drive around a parked car.

Original post by bealetthembe

Thank you so much! Tests are so different each time, you can't tell what you will experience next
Original post by RevisionNad
If there is a car who is blocking one of the exits and the back of the car is half still on the roundabout, can you MSM right and overtake it via going into the next lane and then coming back to your lane? I was just thinking, because if you just sit there and wait for it you may get a fail for hesitation.

that's a horrific thing to do loooooool. you sit and wait till it's safe to go. no over taking business on roundabouts.
Original post by samina_ay
that's a horrific thing to do loooooool. you sit and wait till it's safe to go. no over taking business on roundabouts.

thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by samina_ay

If the rest of the roundabout is empty then I aint waiting around! I would follow what your instructor tells you for your test, but in real life there's nothing wrong with it so long as it's safe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending