The Student Room Group

Sixth form treats us like children?

Does anybody else have problems with their sixth form treating you like a year 7? I'm in year 13 now, today was my first day back and I already ended up in the head of years office because a teacher was refusing to let me decide where I wanted to work- she was making me work where she could watch me. I could go on for hours about how childlike my school treats us but I would be here for ages... does anybody else have these problems!!
I did at my previous school, but I've changed to an Independent College which is much better. I know the feeling, getting told where you can and cannot sit, what you can and can't do during your free time, I find it slightly silly...
Generally there is a big difference in the maturity of sixth formers and those at university age. Many of you are still essentially children in your minds.
yes had the same problem but there are some advantages to it especially if your not very independant in your studies. That being said dictating were you sit is abit too much..
Reply 4
lol yeah, mine did too
Original post by The Good Doctor
Generally there is a big difference in the maturity of sixth formers and those at university age. Many of you are still essentially children in your minds.

Yeah I agree I still act like a 12 year old half the time
Thats why i suggest you go to a college not a 6th form
Yes, this is true
In our frees I had teachers walking around to see what we were doing, bit ridiculous I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
we weren't allowed to use our phones in our frees, if we did we got them confiscated. i understand it was in good intentions but i was mature enough to decide if i want to work during my frees whilst everyone in the common room was talking loudly and singing or in peace at home...

Quick Reply

Latest