The Student Room Group

How soon do you get offers after you've sent your ucas off?!?!?

Hi guys!

My UCAS application got sent off monday, and I was wondering how long I should expect to wait til I get replies?

I applied to: Warwick, Bath, Exeter, Surrey, and Southampton for Biomedical Sciences.
GCSE's: 7A*'s, 3A's and 1B
AS: AAAA (maths, biology, chemistry, physics)

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazel37
Hi guys!

My UCAS application got sent off monday, and I was wondering how long I should expect to wait til I get replies?

I applied to: Warwick, Bath, Exeter, Surrey, and Southampton for Biomedical Sciences.

Thanks!

Warwick took two days last year for me, Southampton took five
I got my first about a day after I sent my application and my last maybe a month after the first. Everyone is different, every uni and every course is different. Could take days, could take up until the deadline.
My first came after a week (Exeter), and my final one took two months (Queen Mary, two days before Christmas). It does depend on so much it's hard to predict accurately, and it may take even longer if you need to be interviewed.
Reply 4
Original post by EllainKahlo
I got my first about a day after I sent my application and my last maybe a month after the first. Everyone is different, every uni and every course is different. Could take days, could take up until the deadline.

Hot damn, well done!
I've seen people get offers november/december time, but because It's only september I wasn't sure if id get a super early offer or not.
I hope I get all my offers soon, im too impatient to wait til may!
Original post by Hazel37
Hi guys!

Thanks!

Could be one day, could be six months. My son got his firm offer on May 8th. It means nothing either way. No news isn't bad news. Some universities don't make decisions until after Jan 15th when all applications are in. You will have to sit tight and see what happens.
It's different for each university, I got my first offer 3 days after sending my application off, and my last one 2 months after
Original post by Hazel37
Hot damn, well done!
I've seen people get offers november/december time, but because It's only september I wasn't sure if id get a super early offer or not.
I hope I get all my offers soon, im too impatient to wait til may!

Thanks :smile: I tried to keep myself distracted by focusing on studying and it let the time fly by and made my replies seem to come quicker too. It really doesn't matter which order you get your replies in or how quick you get them, as long as you get them, obviously.

Warwick (my firm choice) replied fourth, my lowest uni (Bath Spa) replied last and Kent (my insurance) replied first I think. So it really makes no difference :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by EllainKahlo
Thanks :smile: I tried to keep myself distracted by focusing on studying and it let the time fly by and made my replies seem to come quicker too. It really doesn't matter which order you get your replies in or how quick you get them, as long as you get them, obviously.

Warwick (my firm choice) replied fourth, my lowest uni (Bath Spa) replied last and Kent (my insurance) replied first I think. So it really makes no difference :smile:

Cool. :smile:
When did you send your UCAS and what subject did you apply for?
Yeah, I get so obcessive about getting offers, I've been checking my emails a very unhealthy amount of times!
Reply 9
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Warwick took two days last year for me, Southampton took five

Wow!
Warwick need to get their act together then!!!
Original post by Hazel37
Cool. :smile:
When did you send your UCAS and what subject did you apply for?
Yeah, I get so obcessive about getting offers, I've been checking my emails a very unhealthy amount of times!

I applied for English Literature and Creative Writing at all of my universities (though the titles were slightly different). I sent my application in late November, from what I can remember, as I didn't know what I wanted to do.

I just made sure that my college email was on my phone, I got notifications about activity on my ucas account immediately. It didn't say in the email what had happened, but if I logged it in it would say straight away on my login "Offer made" and by who.
I got one after a day, but the rest took at least a month. It really will depend on what you're applying for and where, the subject I applied for has relatively few applicants so the wait may well be longer if you're applying for more popular subjects.
The fastest I saw last year was 90 minutes.
I applied last year - my first (KCL) came after 48 hours at the beginning of October. My last (Exeter - well known for replying late) came mid-April.
I applied to Warwick yesterday and just received an offer!

Course: International business.
Reply 15
On average it takes 12.5 minutes to get a ucas offer. Hope this helps
Reply 16
Original post by swissinuk

WHATTTTTTTT WARWICK BETTER GET THEIR ASS IN GEAR!

Well done by the way! :wink:
Depends on the course, uni, if the admissions tutor is on holiday etc etc

Any time from now until next spring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swissinuk

WHAT?! I applied a week ago and only received an acknowledgement..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
WHAT?! I applied a week ago and only received an acknowledgement..

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course are you applying for? The difference might be that I already have my grades, i'm not applying with predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending