The Student Room Group

What do you think of my uni application choices

Hello! In GCSE I got 2 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's, I also have a distinction in ICT OCR national first award, Grade 3 music theory and also a grade 5 certificate on the drums (the latter 2 may not really matter so much). I do have a C in GCSE maths and an A in english, I am re sitting GCSE maths in november in an attempt to bump it up to B (especially due to Manchester wanting a B minimum)

I got AABD at my AS levels and I am predicted to be on course for 3 A'S in A2. I am now studying Philosophy, Business Studies and Law in A2. I am looking to do Philosophy at university and will look to apply to:

Edinburgh
Sheffield
Manchester
Newcastle
Liverpool

Do you think these choices are good? realistic or do they need opening up a bit more?
Original post by ConnorS1
Hello! In GCSE I got 2 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's, I also have a distinction in ICT OCR national first award, Grade 3 music theory and also a grade 5 certificate on the drums (the latter 2 may not really matter so much). I do have a C in GCSE maths and an A in english, I am re sitting GCSE maths in november in an attempt to bump it up to B (especially due to Manchester wanting a B minimum)

I got AABD at my AS levels and I am predicted to be on course for 3 A'S in A2. I am now studying Philosophy, Business Studies and Law in A2. I am looking to do Philosophy at university and will look to apply to:

Edinburgh
Sheffield
Manchester
Newcastle
Liverpool

Do you think these choices are good? realistic or do they need opening up a bit more?

Without going off and looking up all their requirements, it is hard to say whether they are realistic. However, with AAA predictions you should get offers. You have correctly identified your main potential weakness as being your C in GCSE Maths. Some unis use GCSE requirements to sift out applicants automatically and you will find that Logic requires some Maths-style reasoning.
Original post by ConnorS1

Edinburgh
Sheffield
Manchester
Newcastle
Liverpool

for what is worth I know of someone who has started history in kings and was offered kent and Exeter without gcse maths and I would imagine the same would apply to your course so it might be worth looking into. Your grades will certainly get you offers I don't know enough about the precise courses you refer to.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending