The Student Room Group

Medicine with Foundation Durham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I went for 10.30 as my flight home is 2.15, you?
Original post by Cmhddk
I went for 10.30 as my flight home is 2.15, you?

1.30. It takes me about 2 hours to drive there so gonna set off very early have a Starbucks and chill for a bit before :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
11.30 for me.
All the best guys 👍
Reply 104
So it's 4 station multiple mini - can anyone think of topics each station might address? I think there will be a station that looks at eithics, maybe one that focuses on communication. Anyone else any ideas?
Does anyone know if last year they staggered the contact about interviews? I think it would be strange for them to do them all at once when there are choices to be made, and I think in previous years its had been spread out, but not sure
Original post by Jinx1990
Does anyone know if last year they staggered the contact about interviews? I think it would be strange for them to do them all at once when there are choices to be made, and I think in previous years its had been spread out, but not sure

I'm not sure but I think it would be unfair on the people that were invited later as they wouldn't have as long to prepare. All the interviews are on Monday and there is a total of 48 (there are 6 time slot sand as far as I'm aware 8 per slot). There were quite a lot filled when I went to book. You could give them a ring though...
Reply 107

Hi. I am not sure. But I rang yesterday to ask if I could have a later interview date on account of my flying in from nothern Ireland and they told me Monday was the only interview date they were running
Just got my rejection through so no luck. All the best everyone. Dont stress too hard!
Reply 109
Just got my rejection through so no luck. All the best everyone. Dont stress too hard!

Sorry to hear that :frown: just a bump in the road!!
(edited 8 years ago)
How are people preparing for the interview? I'm so excited :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by michellem3
How are people preparing for the interview? I'm so excited :smile:

A lot of reading just! I saw they've removed decision analysis from UKCAT this year. I'm so happy about that, hate that section!!
Original post by Cmhddk
A lot of reading just! I saw they've removed decision analysis from UKCAT this year. I'm so happy about that, hate that section!!

I have already done the ukcat and got an average to good score so hoping I can use that. Yeh you still have to do the section but the results won't go to universities. It was one of my favourite sections lol
I have already done the ukcat and got an average to good score so hoping I can use that. Yeh you still have to do the section but the results won't go to universities. It was one of my favourite sections lol

Wont the UKCAT cut off be the same as the 5 year course? Therefore the same as Newcastle's?
Original post by marc12345
Wont the UKCAT cut off be the same as the 5 year course? Therefore the same as Newcastle's?

I assume so. I'm very close to it tho :/ I don't mind if I have to do it again obviously :smile:
Reply 116
What is the cut off for Newcastle?
Original post by Cmhddk
What is the cut off for Newcastle?

Think it's 680 or 685 :/
Reply 118
Think it's 680 or 685 :/

That's so high! Last years UKCAT condition for Med with foundation was 575 😧
Original post by Cmhddk
That's so high! Last years UKCAT condition for Med with foundation was 575 😧

The year before that was something like 745 so could be worse :/ I have got nearly 680 so I'm hoping it counts if I get an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending