The Student Room Group

I hate uni and subsequently hate my life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay

As for why I 'responded with such anger', clearly I have been possessed by Satan.

:rofl:
You really are one pathetic individual.

Original post by Anonymous
You really are one pathetic individual.

aw anon again
Reply 43
Original post by eggpotato
Ok well here you go - I'm not anonymous anymore. The irony in what you've just said is profound - you do realise you are also saying these things over the internet, right? Who's to say YOU wouldn't 'say the **** you do on here in real life'? You know your responses to these posts have been unreasonable so you're trying to act all tough - your toughness is irrelevant. I don't give a **** about how brave you think you are.

Would I approach you in public? No, I'll admit it - I probably wouldn't - I don't like confrontation. Even me replying to you is outside of what I would usually do. But like I said, it's beside the point! The point is, you unnecessarily slammed someone who was trying to help OP just because their belief differs from yours. You seem like the kind of person who tries to be all liberal and freespirited yet you're filled with such hatred towards people it's a bit counter-productive.

Me choosing not to reveal my real name on here means that I'm a weakling? Are you actually 12 years old? What a ridiculous insinuation. Maybe some people are different and just value their privacy? I actually can't believe this. You really need to address some underlying issues you probably have. Calling me a troll is such a cop out and doesn't remove the validity of what I've said. I hope you find it in your heart to address this anger and this dont-give-a-**** attitude which is probably just a front. I'm done with TSR for now. Farewell.

Could not agree more with all this!
aw anon again

So are you really, go on tell us your name, where you live and a photo. Because without that, you are just as anonymous as the rest of us. And you seriously call yourself a social justice warrior? You have to actually care about people to be one of them
So are you really, go on tell us your name, where you live and a photo. Because without that, you are just as anonymous as the rest of us. And you seriously call yourself a social justice warrior? You have to actually care about people to be one of them

No... its called sarcasm.

My name is Detti and as you can see I live in Norwich. :smile: postcode is NR5, come see me x
Gee, insufferable doesn't even scrape the tin with this bitch. You're just a sad child, probably always on tumblr and pretending to yourself that you're such an authoritative figure, fixing the world, when in reality you are, and always will be a loser.
No... its called sarcasm.

My name is Detti and as you can see I live in Norwich. :smile: postcode is NR5, come see me x

Your parents must have been well wasted when they named you :biggrin:
I'd rather not ta. Ugly name. Norwich... explains a LOT. I'm guessing it's your parents that made you a psycho weirdo yeah. And sarcasm is hard to know on the internet, seeing as there's no tone. Do you have a brain bitch

u bout to get a warning:frown:
Your parents must have been well wasted when they named you :biggrin:

Yes, foreign people were named by wasted parents /fail

You're not a fail boo

:colonhash:
You're not a fail boo

:colonhash:

Exactly. You are.

And we could go on for weeks asking why you should even be in this country, never mind insulting us. Foreigner smh
And we could go on for weeks asking why you should even be in this country, never mind insulting us. Foreigner smh

chav on benefits talking down to superior people smh
chav on benefits talking down to superior people smh

Superior in body mass maybe
poor OP got her thread derailed by anon trolls. lmao its probably Satan doing this to you OP :h:
poor OP got her thread derailed by anon trolls. lmao its probably Satan doing this to you OP :h:

:') You are SO funny, I don't know how you're not a professional comedian babe. Has anyone ever told you how funny you are?...

Didn't think so.

Tryhard maybe
honestly just leave uni, best decision if ever made
Original post by katie leigh123
honestly just leave uni, best decision if ever made

Interesting advice for a problem from 2 years ago.
I know I haven't coped well with the transition to uni but I really feel trapped. I haven't made any friends and am struggling with the work load already. I know people don't really like me at the minute and it's getting me down. I never made friends easy and never really found people I gel with, but was always told that I'd be fine at uni and it would be the best times of my life. That advice just seems a joke now. I was on medication so couldn't drink during most of Freshers and had no tickets to major events. My flatmates are okay but don't talk much and are a little awkward. They don't clean after themselves so I'm left to do a lot of it and I have brought it up before but it seems to go straight over their heads.
I'm not enjoying my course really either. I find it interesting and love learning but am finding the independent learning aspect of it very difficult. I am behind with reading because there is so much to do already and feel that the teacher (who is also my personal tutor) is quite unapproachable - in terms of giving advice and so forth.
It is also incredibly saddening to see so many other people having a laugh and enjoying themselves when I am seriously hating my life right now. In addition to all that, people have been unloading their problems onto me and no guy is even remotely interested in me as I'm ugly, a loner and probably disgusting.

I know I've been depressed for a while but have never had help for it because I don't like being seen as weak.I hate crying but I have cried nearly every day here. I want to leave and quit but if I go home it will be the exact same situation only I will have nothing to do at all. I'm not usually a quitter but everything in my life I've struggled through or had to be unhappy just so I can complete the task or whatever. I don't remember the last time I was happy and I just feel so hopeless and lost. I really don't know what to do.

Just know you're not alone...even i can relate to some of this.

"so many other people having a laugh and enjoying themselves"....

have you never had a laugh infront of people? You have? Does that mean you are always really happy in life? No. Same for them. Sometimes we all just want to have fun because life can be a bit depressing but that doesn't mean they aren't having a hard time either.

"I'm ugly, a loner and probably disgusting."

Do you have a facial deformity? Like really bad? If you do i feel for you. If you don't you are "probably" self pitying and you are fine, because you can always wear makeup and make yourself prettier.

If you want to talk to someone then get counselling. If you want solutions then go get a piece of paper, write problem, then what you are going to do about it.

In the end...you have many opportunities in your life (especially at uni!)...and one day you will be near the end of your life, and will have regretted wasting it away being sad when you can choose to atleast TRY to make yourself better and TRY to be happy no matter how long it takes and what it takes. Just never lose that hope. Because at the end of the day, life is hard and then you die...it'll be over one day. Atleast you'll know you tried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending