The Student Room Group

Will LSE make me an offer?

I have finished year 13 but I will be resitting a few exams. I got BBB in maths, physics and biology. At AS I have a high A in maths and bio (270 ums) and have one mark off an A in physics. I also have a B in chemistry. In my GCSEs I got 5 A*, 7 A and 1 B grade. My new A2 predicted grades are A*A*A (A in physics)
I want to apply to accounting and finance at lse. I also have extenuating circumstances. In year 10 I missed 3 months of school, and in year 12 and 13 have missed 43% Of the year. This was due to severe illness after an operation. If I had extenuating circumstances in my teachers reference, what's the likelihood LSE will make me an offer? (LSE need AAA and only 11% acceptance rate)
Reply 1
Some students got offer with grades which just passed requirements. Some of them with higher grades were refused by LSE. I'm wondering which point does LSE mostly focus on?
Original post by academichopeful
I have finished year 13 but I will be resitting a few exams. I got BBB in maths, physics and biology. At AS I have a high A in maths and bio (270 ums) and have one mark off an A in physics. I also have a B in chemistry. In my GCSEs I got 5 A*, 7 A and 1 B grade. My new A2 predicted grades are A*A*A (A in physics)
I want to apply to accounting and finance at lse. I also have extenuating circumstances. In year 10 I missed 3 months of school, and in year 12 and 13 have missed 43% Of the year. This was due to severe illness after an operation. If I had extenuating circumstances in my teachers reference, what's the likelihood LSE will make me an offer? (LSE need AAA and only 11% acceptance rate)

Give it a shot, I know for sure LSE consider post-A2 resitters. If you want to be on the safe side, I'd apply to a range of AAA-ABB universities as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending