The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel like this?

It probably sounds a bit weird, but sometimes when someone, a stranger even, sits next to me and their arm or leg rests against mine I lean into them slightly because I find it comforting. A teacher I used to have used to stand behind your chair and lean over me to help me with a question if I was stuck (only because there wasn't much room either side of me) and I used to ask for help all the time because it made me feel kind of safe? It's not sexual at all, though.
I feel really needy all the time, which doesn't make sense because I don't really like hugs from my family, nor do I get them. Does anyone else feel like this? How do I find someone who will give me this kind of affection?
Original post by Anonymous
It probably sounds a bit weird, but sometimes when someone, a stranger even, sits next to me and their arm or leg rests against mine I lean into them slightly because I find it comforting. A teacher I used to have used to stand behind your chair and lean over me to help me with a question if I was stuck (only because there wasn't much room either side of me) and I used to ask for help all the time because it made me feel kind of safe? It's not sexual at all, though.
I feel really needy all the time, which doesn't make sense because I don't really like hugs from my family, nor do I get them. Does anyone else feel like this? How do I find someone who will give me this kind of affection?

Maybe you like hugs more than you think and the fact your family 'aren't very huggy' is why you seek that affection from elsewhere...

This isn't exactly healthy though to be leaning into strangers etc :tongue: but the need for that kind of affection is totally normal I guess you should try to sort of hug friends every now and then and maybe even your family? Maybe you have a pet? Give it a little cuddle :smile:

Are you a guy or a girl?
Reply 2
Original post by Little Popcorns
Maybe you like hugs more than you think and the fact your family 'aren't very huggy' is why you seek that affection from elsewhere...

This isn't exactly healthy though to be leaning into strangers etc :tongue: but the need for that kind of affection is totally normal I guess you should try to sort of hug friends every now and then and maybe even your family? Maybe you have a pet? Give it a little cuddle :smile:

Are you a guy or a girl?

I have a cat, but I'd rather it was a person, you know? I don't think it's healthy, no, but I can't seem to help myself. I have a friend who hugs me sometimes but I've never initiated one. It feels odd when I do :s-smilie:
I'm a girl :h:
I have a cat, but I'd rather it was a person, you know? I don't think it's healthy, no, but I can't seem to help myself. I have a friend who hugs me sometimes but I've never initiated one. It feels odd when I do :s-smilie:

There must be a hugging society out there somewhere :smile:
I'm hug deprived myself
just need to get used to hugging really! Just initiate hugs more often :smile:
well I reckon we all feel a bit of comfort from the warmth of human presence, it makes us feel like a bunch of rabbits huddled in their burrow, though only subconsciously, I feel like that when my cat decides he's going to be nice and sleep next to me. I think deep down everyone is comforted by the reassuring feeling that they are not the only living thing in the world. (well that ended weirdly, but....idc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending