The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham A2B Medicine 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gregambrose
Thanks what I noticed as well, I just really hope that's the reason! Since the mock interview invite I haven't heard anything. Also I think it would take longer than a day to process an A2B application

I emailed A2B and they said that interviews normally take place after the A2B mock interviews so that you can have a practice. So perhaps they will give out invitations for February interviews instead, because if we got an invitation earlier we could have booked an interview that would be before the A2B mock interview, so there would be no point in having a mock interview.
Still haven't heard anything!

Like I said, I emailed and I got a mock interview the same day. It may have prompted them to give me the mock earlier perhaps?
Reply 22
Original post by Jpw1097
I emailed A2B and they said that interviews normally take place after the A2B mock interviews so that you can have a practice. So perhaps they will give out invitations for February interviews instead, because if we got an invitation earlier we could have booked an interview that would be before the A2B mock interview, so there would be no point in having a mock interview.

Ah that makes sense, I really hope that is the reason! I just want to hear off them now!
Reply 23
Still head nothing! Getting more concerned each day! Hopefully they'll be some communication this week, has anyone else heard anything?
Reply 24
Any real interviews yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by skittles100
I recently got a mock interview for dentistry, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I have one for medicine on the 25th November! But I still haven't heard anything about a real interview yet.
I recently got a mock interview for dentistry, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i did too for the 9th of decemeber?
Original post by Agent R5
Yeah i did too for the 9th of decemeber?

Yeah! When do they send actual interview invites? Is it good news that we got a mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! When do they send actual interview invites? Is it good news that we got a mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I Phoned them last week and they said they had a delay with receiving all the dentistry applications so no interviews will be sent out until December, they also said interviews will most likely be sent out in the latter half of December.

I think everyone who applied via the A2b scheme for dentistry/medicine receives a mock interview so I wouldn't say its good news or bad :smile:

Do you mind me asking what are your stats? e.g. UKCAT/GCSEs/AS/predicted grades?
I have a real interview for medicine.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Jpw1097
I have a real interview.

Well done! When did you receive this invitation?
Well done! When did you receive this invitation?

Earlier today at 10:51
Original post by Jpw1097
I have a real interview.

Congratulations!, Dentistry or medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations!, Dentistry or medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine. I should have probably mentioned that.
Original post by Jpw1097
I have a real interview for medicine.

Do you mind me asking for your stats? Well done and good luck in the interview!! :smile:
Original post by Agent R5
Do you mind me asking for your stats? Well done and good luck in the interview!! :smile:

I'll PM you
Reply 37
I've just had my mock interview! It was a really good experience, you got to meet lots of undergraduates. Unfortunately I still haven't heard anything about a real interview yet.
Original post by Dmatb567
Im dentistry applicant have u guys heard anything else from a2b besides an invite to the mock interview?

unfortunately not :/ do you mind me asking what your stats are ?
Original post by Dmatb567
Same mate ive heard some have been invited to a preparation day of some sort no idea....

No probs man i got 4A's im predicted 3A* what bout u?

i've only got AABB and predicated 3A's lol
where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending