The Student Room Group

Doesn't make sense to me for a black person to be christian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maggie_O
That's not the post I was talking about. There's no need to be so defensive and tagging people unless you're worried you will be proven wrong.

I honestly do not care what your ethnicity is because I do not know you, so I can't confirm or challenge what you claim.

Let's not play semantics. Whether abd means slave or not or black or not, it has been used to refer to black people and even if it hasn't,

that surely doesn't denounce racism in Arab communities!? So why are you getting all
"lmfao" when everyone knows Arabs can be and have been racist to black Africans! Why isn't Somalia part of the Arab League? :innocent::rolleyes: Explain the geographical segregation and gerrymandering of the African continent and why "Sub-Saharan" suddenly is a code word for black African and why North African suddenly is used to socially refer to "Arab looking" people? :innocent::rolleyes: Explain the killings of black Africans in these "North African" territories? :innocent::rolleyes: I know all of this not just by looking at the news and the internet articles, but speaking to these black Africans who have had to flee because of how Arabs treat them. Explain that. Pull up old TSR posts, pull up random internet articles, you're all lying and in denial.

Nobody has ever asked me about the meaning of the word abd apart from that particular user and I've never discussed by anything relating to it with any other user so clearly you're talking nonsense. I provided you with evidence,seeing as you were the one who tagged me in the first place
Original post by queen-bee
Nobody has ever asked me about the meaning of the word abd apart from that particular user and I've never discussed by anything relating to it with any other user so clearly you're talking nonsense. I provided you with evidence,seeing as you were the one who tagged me in the first place

"Evidence?" Lol

*edit: You respond back fast like you're frantic so I've tagged you so you see it. @queen-bee And I already said in that nice chunk of text you see there that I don't care about the silly three letter word. The racism in Arab communities is not and never was and never will be limited to that little word.

:rolleyes:

And yYou really must get a lot of **** around here or you take this site too seriously because you are reacting a wee bit dramatically :erm: goodbye, darling and keep calm.
"Evidence?" Lol

*edit: You respond back fast like you're frantic so I've tagged you so you see it. @queen-bee And I already said in that nice chunk of text you see there that I don't care about the silly three letter word. The racism in Arab communities is not and never was and never will be limited to that little word.

:rolleyes:

And yYou really must get a lot of **** around here or you take this site too seriously because you are reacting a wee bit dramatically :erm: goodbye, darling and keep calm.

Exactly what I though Hun. You can't come up with the goods,yet you're ready to throw accusations,seems like you've struggled to back up your baseless claims. I am calm,I just don't like liars.Goodbye
Exactly what I though Hun. You can't come up with the goods,yet you're ready to throw accusations,seems like you've struggled to back up your baseless claims. I am calm,I just don't like liars.Goodbye

What baseless claims? I never accused you of saying anything because I noticed you had said it, but if you expect me to go through hundreds of post you're wrong. Aside from that :rolleyes: what baseless claims? That there is racism in Arabia and Arab communities? Can you just stop. :lol: We all know there is. Or do you need me to play this game with you and google away and post all these links when you can just educate yourself?...All you have to do is google "arabs killing blacks" if you must be obtuse. Stop being sassy with the "goodbye hun." Running from facts.
Not that I need to do this, but some children here desperately need help:

There's a whole Wikipedia page on it :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world

What else?

[video="youtube;0uAfPkUvXc8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uAfPkUvXc8[/video]

Even if this video doesn't do it for you, just look at the side panel. It's a fact. Lebanese and Libyans might be at the top of black racism, but certainly not exclusive to them!

I'll be back with more.
What baseless claims? I never accused you of saying anything because I noticed you had said it, but if you expect me to go through hundreds of post you're wrong. Aside from that :rolleyes: what baseless claims? That there is racism in Arabia and Arab communities? Can you just stop. :lol: We all know there is. Or do you need me to play this game with you and google away and post all these links when you can just educate yourself?...All you have to do is google "arabs killing blacks" if you must be obtuse. Stop being sassy with the "goodbye hun." Running from facts.

Errm so again,where's the post? Coz I don't remember saying it for sure,that's why I find it hard to take you seriously.
Anyway,yes there is racism in the Arab community and Middle East just like in every other community,you're not telling me anything that I didn't know hence why I've said goodbye.
I found out about this from watching a documentary back in 2012 maybe. Old news.

http://www.strangersnomoremovie.com/

The film is Oscar winning and it's about a school in Israel that accepts international students. Many of the students were interviewed in the film, and many were black Africans talking of having to flee because Arabs from various countries they are from went in their homes and killed their families unwarranted.
I'm so sick of you and your copouts and bull****ting. You can say goodbye all you want but I am done with you. You are a liar and you are denying facts which is why you're harping on one post and a three letter word. I have moved on from you. Say hello to my ignore list "hun."

Ah resorting to insults. I asked you for the post in which I've apparently said these things and you're trying to deflect by going online and showing me wiki pages,also I don't think you are a new member,you've clearly been on here long enough to remember who's said what in ever post. Goodbye lovey
Clearly,you need to chillax
@Ya Dunno apparently Libyans are most racist(in the top group) according to the above user when it comes to racism against blacks.what do you think as a Libyan?
@Ya Dunno apparently Libyans are most racist(in the top group) according to the above user when it comes to racism against blacks.what do you think as a Libyan?

There have been cases of massacres against black people in Libya since the fall of Gaddafi. But they are a minority and are Berbers, the majority of Libyans aren't like that. And Libya is also a North African country.

Plus there are countries that are just as racist, for example South Africa that make sure to place people of light skin in the affluent areas while putting blacks in the ghetto and hiring them as domestic workers, this is called white privilege, and the white people rarely converse with those of black community.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ya Dunno
There have been cases of massacres against black people in Libya since the fall of Gaddafi. But they are a minority and are Berbers, the majority of Libyans aren't like that. And Libya is also a North African country.

Plus there are countries that are just as racist, for example South Africa that make sure to place people of light skin in the affluent areas while putting blacks in the ghetto and hiring them as domestic workers, this is called white privilege, and the white people rarely converse with those of black community.

Ah Shukran for the insight! yeah,I've heard of some pretty bad racism related cases/stories about South Africa. It's sad really,you'd think I'm 2015 we wouldn't need to be discussing such issues.
Ah Shukran for the insight! yeah,I've heard of some pretty bad racism related cases/stories about South Africa. It's sad really,you'd think I'm 2015 we wouldn't need to be discussing such issues.

I know - have you used of the black party calling for white genocide? It's gathering some steam shockingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scrappy-coco
I know - have you used of the black party calling for white genocide? It's gathering some steam shockingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have I used? Have I used what?
Have I used? Have I used what?

Sorry have you heard*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry have you heard*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry,I was confused as to what you were saying there :tongue:

But no I haven't heard of them,who are they?
Reply 135
Original post by Zubair1997
I know what you may be thinking, racist or something but thats not the case, hear me out
I discussed with my friend saying that "it doesn't make sense for a black person to be a christian because of the slave trade in general, the slave masters who were white treated the black slaves like they were worthless to the extent that they forced their religion down their throats, so fundamentally it doesn't make sense for black people to follow a religious faction that essentially enslaved them"
I mean no offence to anyone but just think about it, food for thought

Well, the majority of white people are also Christians because it was forced down their throats too so join the club.
Sorry,I was confused as to what you were saying there :tongue:

But no I haven't heard of them,who are they?

Now, according to the human-rights organization Genocide Watch, South Africa is at pre-genocide stage 6 of 8: “Preparation.” With the country skidding toward anarchy, naturally, the people want to know whom they should blame. In 2010, a prominent member of the African National Congress named Julius Malema revived an old anti-apartheid song whose lyrics says Genocide Watch call for genocide: “Shoot the Boer, shoot, shoot.” “Boer” means “farmer” in Afrikaans; colloquially, it means “white South African.” Malema was ejected from the ANC and convicted of hate speech; he has since formed a new opposition party, the Economic Freedom Fighters, which is currently the third largest party in parliament. Seven months after Malema’s conviction, President Zuma sang the genocide song himself, leading a crowd in a musical chant: “We are going to shoot them with machine guns, they are going to run . . . The cabinet will shoot them, with the machine gun . . . Shoot the Boer, we are going to hit them, they are going to run.” Watch the video on YouTube it is surreal. Nelson Mandela’s successor, the president of South Africa, addresses a crowd of according to the Guardian tens of thousands, in a giant stadium, and calls for the murder of what amounts to about 10 percent of his constituents. Among the audience, uniformed members of the military dance.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/398136/end-south-africa-josh-gelernter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now, according to the human-rights organization Genocide Watch, South Africa is at pre-genocide stage 6 of 8: “Preparation.” With the country skidding toward anarchy, naturally, the people want to know whom they should blame. In 2010, a prominent member of the African National Congress named Julius Malema revived an old anti-apartheid song whose lyrics says Genocide Watch call for genocide: “Shoot the Boer, shoot, shoot.” “Boer” means “farmer” in Afrikaans; colloquially, it means “white South African.” Malema was ejected from the ANC and convicted of hate speech; he has since formed a new opposition party, the Economic Freedom Fighters, which is currently the third largest party in parliament. Seven months after Malema’s conviction, President Zuma sang the genocide song himself, leading a crowd in a musical chant: “We are going to shoot them with machine guns, they are going to run . . . The cabinet will shoot them, with the machine gun . . . Shoot the Boer, we are going to hit them, they are going to run.” Watch the video on YouTube it is surreal. Nelson Mandela’s successor, the president of South Africa, addresses a crowd of according to the Guardian tens of thousands, in a giant stadium, and calls for the murder of what amounts to about 10 percent of his constituents. Among the audience, uniformed members of the military dance.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/398136/end-south-africa-josh-gelernter

Posted from TSR Mobile

So why wasn't president zuma asked to step down or charged like his opponent malema?

Thanks,I'll check it out
So why wasn't president zuma asked to step down or charged like his opponent malema?

Thanks,I'll check it out

I actually don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not the post I was talking about. There's no need to be so defensive and tagging people unless you're worried you will be proven wrong.

I honestly do not care what your ethnicity is because I do not know you, so I can't confirm or challenge what you claim. Every other Arab in TSR is telling you Abd means Slave only and is not a term used specifically for black people. You seem to be too stubborn to admit you were wrong in this one

Let's not play semantics. Whether abd means slave or not or black or not, it has been used to refer to black people and even if it hasn't, Yes its been used to refer to black people, White People, The arabs, The Animals, Every non-living and Living item in God's Kingdom, your sad attempt to create BS claims that their is a derogatory term in the Qur'an used for Black people is looking really desperate now. Give it a break

that surely doesn't denounce racism in Arab communities!? So why are you getting all
"lmfao" when everyone knows Arabs can be and have been racist to black Africans! Why isn't Somalia part of the Arab League? :innocent::rolleyes: Another false statement. Somalia IS IN THE ARAB League. and Even if it wasn't surely it would be understandable that the ARAB League would consist of countries that are culturally/Ethnically Arab?

Explain the geographical segregation and gerrymandering of the African continent and why "Sub-Saharan" suddenly is a code word for black African and why North African suddenly is used to socially refer to "Arab looking" people? :innocent::rolleyes: Explain the killings of black Africans in these "North African" territories? :innocent::rolleyes: I know all of this not just by looking at the news and the internet articles, but speaking to these black Africans who have had to flee because of how Arabs treat them. Explain that. Pull up old TSR posts, pull up random internet articles, you're all lying and in denial.

I'm not sure exactly what you're arguing for is it that Islam is prejudiced and discriminates against black people or is it that Arabs are racist?

Just to be safe let me debunk each separately: Islam's view towards blacks: The prophet quoted this 'O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person,3 except in piety.'
If you bothered to even educate yourself properly on Islam you would also be aware that the prophet of Islam used to go out of his way and send people to free (black)/MUSLIM slaves.

Now are Muslim Arabs racist towards blacks?The example you gave me in North African territories is simply invalid because the north african territories are simply not ETHNICALLY ARAB.
To prove this point you would have to give me an example of a seriously worrying case of large scale racism in any of arab countries of Ethnic majority (Yemen, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan etc... )
Now I would be lying if I said there were no racism at all in those arab countries, there are also 2 derogatory terms to the best of my knowledge used by arabs , it is of the equivalence of 'N****r', (which you would have been able to correctly recall if it was as largely used as the N word) however the word is socially disapproved just like how the N word is in Western countries.

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending