I'm way too uptight...help! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is the main reason my ex broke up with me. I didn't relax around him. We'd have the odd time where we'd laugh and joke, but most of the time I was so uptight. I wanted to relax and let my hair down, it just didn't happen.I wanted to lean over and kiss him (I never did). I felt the urge to jump him a couple times, yet I never did.

I'm uptight at work too, today my manager told me I get too emotional over little things and it has made me analyse my whole life. On my journey home from work on the bus I just sat there, I wasn't relaxed at all. I felt uncomfortable and on edge as usual. I only really relax when I get through my front door and I'm around my mum and Brother.

I have spent many years like this and my love life had suffered a great deal. It always gets to that stage where the guy can't cope with it any longer. My ex was so so patient with me, I fear I'll never meet anyone like him again I miss him so much but I know he'll probably never want to be with me again.

So how can I work on this? I can't deal with this any longer.
Savage R3N3GAD3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just try to relax, or at least pretend to be relaxed, it's very easy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3)
Just try to relax, or at least pretend to be relaxed, it's very easy.
I try this everyday and I fail each time.
username2284409
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have problems with relaxation as well. The only thing that seems to be helping is meditating and always trying to see the brightside of things.
RainbowKiwi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Slow, deep breaths when you feel wound up. Tell yourself to relax n take a conscious step away from whatever is bothering you.
Anonymous #1
I have problems with relaxation as well. The only thing that seems to be helping is meditating and always trying to see the brightside of things.
Ohh I forgot about meditation. Will give this a go, thank you.
Last edited by RK; 9 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RainbowKiwi)
Slow, deep breaths when you feel wound up. Tell yourself to relax n take a conscious step away from whatever is bothering you.
Thanks I will try that. Doubt I can step away from customers at work when they drive me up the wall lol
username2284409
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ohh I forgot about meditation. Will give this a go, thank you.
Let your mind go for a while. Don't push anything. You can watch some tutorials on how to do it properly and how to act when certain thoughts come to your head.
RainbowKiwi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks I will try that. Doubt I can step away from customers at work when they drive me up the wall lol
Oh well if it's annoying customers, you take a deep breath, nod, smile like this :bigsmile: but curse them internally as much as you want lmao. Good luck m8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.42%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
7.91%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.72%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.24%
No unconditional offers (191)
68.71%

Watched Threads