The Student Room Group

I'm way too uptight...help!

This is the main reason my ex broke up with me. I didn't relax around him. We'd have the odd time where we'd laugh and joke, but most of the time I was so uptight. I wanted to relax and let my hair down, it just didn't happen.I wanted to lean over and kiss him (I never did). I felt the urge to jump him a couple times, yet I never did.

I'm uptight at work too, today my manager told me I get too emotional over little things and it has made me analyse my whole life. On my journey home from work on the bus I just sat there, I wasn't relaxed at all. I felt uncomfortable and on edge as usual. I only really relax when I get through my front door and I'm around my mum and Brother.

I have spent many years like this and my love life had suffered a great deal. It always gets to that stage where the guy can't cope with it any longer. My ex was so so patient with me, I fear I'll never meet anyone like him again :frown: I miss him so much but I know he'll probably never want to be with me again.

So how can I work on this? I can't deal with this any longer.
Just try to relax, or at least pretend to be relaxed, it's very easy.
Reply 2
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
Just try to relax, or at least pretend to be relaxed, it's very easy.

I try this everyday and I fail each time.
I have problems with relaxation as well. The only thing that seems to be helping is meditating and always trying to see the brightside of things.
Slow, deep breaths when you feel wound up. Tell yourself to relax n take a conscious step away from whatever is bothering you.
Reply 5
I have problems with relaxation as well. The only thing that seems to be helping is meditating and always trying to see the brightside of things.

Ohh I forgot about meditation. Will give this a go, thank you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Slow, deep breaths when you feel wound up. Tell yourself to relax n take a conscious step away from whatever is bothering you.

Thanks I will try that. Doubt I can step away from customers at work when they drive me up the wall lol
Original post by Anonymous
Ohh I forgot about meditation. Will give this a go, thank you.

Let your mind go for a while. Don't push anything. You can watch some tutorials on how to do it properly and how to act when certain thoughts come to your head.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks I will try that. Doubt I can step away from customers at work when they drive me up the wall lol

Oh well if it's annoying customers, you take a deep breath, nod, smile like this :bigsmile: but curse them internally as much as you want lmao. Good luck m8.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending