The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Firmers 2016

Hi

I noticed that there's not yet a page for people who have firmed Sheffield.

Just post your course and anything else you feel relevant!

So, I'm Becki, I'm from Essex and I'm hoping to study Politics and IR.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeckiHills
Hi

I noticed that there's not yet a page for people who have firmed Sheffield.

Just post your course and anything else you feel relevant!

So, I'm Becki, I'm from Essex and I'm hoping to study Politics and IR.

I'm a 4th year at Sheffield, so if you have any questions about life here, let me know :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I just firmed Sheffield today for Speech Science. :smile: Praying I get the grades!
Reply 3
I've firmed Social Policy and Criminology
Reply 4
Still choosing my insurance choice, but I'll be firming Sheffield for Politics and IR too :smile:
Reply 5
Firmed for biochem! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey I just chose Sheffield as my firm choice! :h: I'm Lucy and I'm hoping to study Politics and International relations there-I'm just hoping that I can get the grades now! :colondollar:
Firmed for biochemistry :smile:

Loved it the open day, the people all seemed very friendly plus the nightlife looks amazing. Now just got to decide on accommodation!
Reply 8
Hi! I'm Zoe and I'm hoping to study Landscape Architecture :smile:
Firmed for history :smile:
Reply 10
Firmed for Mechanical Engineering and applied to Endcliffe (ensuite self-catered).
Reply 11
Original post by GeorgiaH234

I firmed that too, what kind of history are you interested in?:smile:
Reply 12
Religious studies, theology and the Bible :biggrin:
Reply 13
Hey, I firmed Software Engineering the other day :flip:

Tom
Original post by GeorgiaH234

Original post by LibertyG
I firmed that too, what kind of history are you interested in?:smile:

firmed for History and Russian :biggrin:
Hi I'm Phoebe and I've firmed for Molecular Biology :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all,

I have firmed and I am going to study Law.
Hi! Firmed for Japanese Studies.
I'm 3 credits away from my offer (30distinctions 15 merits - I've got 30 distinctions and 12 merits) but still hoping that's enough to get me in!!

I'll be commuting daily from near Leeds, so was wondering if there were any tips about public transport or parking spaces near the university? Is Sheffield city centre a nightmare to drive in? I live near a train station so is it worth just getting public transport rather than driving every day?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Livvyxo
Hi! Firmed for Japanese Studies.
I'm 3 credits away from my offer (30distinctions 15 merits - I've got 30 distinctions and 12 merits) but still hoping that's enough to get me in!!

I'll be commuting daily from near Leeds, so was wondering if there were any tips about public transport or parking spaces near the university? Is Sheffield city centre a nightmare to drive in? I live near a train station so is it worth just getting public transport rather than driving every day?

I'd say you'd be better off getting the train. Driving in city centre is absolutely horrible with lots of pedestrianised areas, one way routes and tram only areas. Also parking near uni is near impossible to find and you'll require a permit to park there in the first place, so you'll most likely end up wasting time by parking far away then walking to where you need to be*

Sheffield train station is easily connected to the university by the tram system, for which you can buy a season ticket. A lot less stress than driving in
Reply 19
Original post by Jess_R
Still choosing my insurance choice, but I'll be firming Sheffield for Politics and IR too :smile:

I have an unconditional offer to study IR and Politics at sheffield, probably see you around sometime! Good luck with your results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending