The Student Room Group

does she like me in that way?

okay so we are really good friends right now. In september i told her i liked her on whatsapp, she said stuff like "don't do this to me!" "there's tears in my eyes!" "i don't want a crush to jeopardise our friendship" "i love you as a friend!"

i handled the rejection quite well tbh, after a couple of days we were completely back to normal

however, recently she has been hugging me more, blowing kisses to me more. Even on whatsapp she says "i love you sooo much" "you will always have my unconditional love" "you are precious and fragile and i will never break you" and she sends hearts and the blow kiss emojis.

I am confused so much right now. I honestly do still have feelings for her, should i ask her again? its just we are soooo close and always so open to eachother. I know for sure it isn't infatuation either because i am aware of imperfections she has but they genuinely don't bother me.

I'm gonna try and get my mate to slyly ask her if she thinks theres a chance...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
not another one of theses ahahahah

I actually have been in the position of this girl, and, in my case anyway, I didn't like the guy like that if ygm

Even after we'd started being more flirty, it was sort of natural, and I wasn't really conscious of it at the time, but with hindsight I can see how misleading it must have been.

If you want to, go for it, but usually, if you ask someone for a relationship and they say no; you need to distance yourself from those ideas.

Analogy for you;
Person A asks Person B to borrow a pen, Person B says 'no'. Person A then keeps asking until Person B gives in like 'ugh fine' and gives them the pen. Neither of them are fully happy about this, and I think this is applicable to relationships.

If she really wants it to happen, then she might ask you. Don't try to keep asking until she gives in.

Good luck !
(edited 8 years ago)
yes, next time you meet her f2f
Reply 3
sorry milzime haha

but i'm only 17 and don't know what to do :smile:

so you've actually sent similar messages to the guy? like full on saying "i love youuuu <3"
Reply 4
She doesn't like you in that way, she just knows that she has control over you because you've expressed your feelings for her. She likes the attention and the feeling of being loved/adored by someone - don't confuse that for her reciprocating your feelings because I highly doubt that she does.

I've been the girl in this situation before (I did what she did).
Reply 5
*sigh* why do girls do this then?

it's just confusing, especially since she started doing this more and a lot more recently
I too have been in the females shoes and its normally nothing, she might be trying to keep you on the edge so she can control you as she knows you want her :smile:
Reply 7
buuuut that's just mean, why would girls do this?
Reply 8
MGTOW. Live and learn.
Original post by Anonymous
buuuut that's just mean, why would girls do this?

Please don't generalise this.Not every girl will do that.
Please don't generalise this.Not every girl will do that.

literally knew someone was going to say that but so far the girls who have commented on here have said they have done the same as the girl i like. The girl i like isn't even a "popular" girl, just your average girl who has a great personality.

She says i am too good for any girl and "why can't i find a guy like you"
sorry milzime haha

but i'm only 17 and don't know what to do :smile:

so you've actually sent similar messages to the guy? like full on saying "i love youuuu <3"

well I say that to my friends who are girls, and I am straight... but then again I haven't seen your messages with her; context is key hahah

With this guy I've said things I mean (we say things weirdly to each other js) like 'Damn you're such a great human and I'm glad we talk so much'

*shrug* maybe not the same
Original post by Milzime
well I say that to my friends who are girls, and I am straight... but then again I haven't seen your messages with her; context is key hahah

With this guy I've said things I mean (we say things weirdly to each other js) like 'Damn you're such a great human and I'm glad we talk so much'

*shrug* maybe not the same

i'm a guy and she's a girl. And the bits i put in quotes is what genuinely says. And stuff like "you're sooo sweet" and....she does also say "i'm glad to have you as a friend"

soooo i don't know still
i'm a guy and she's a girl. And the bits i put in quotes is what genuinely says. And stuff like "you're sooo sweet" and....she does also say "i'm glad to have you as a friend"

soooo i don't know still

awh man, I know it seems shhit right now, but the best thing you can do is get relationship ideas out of your head, especially since you've asked her and she's said no.

Unless she asks you, don't get too hopeful. She may be lovely, but at the same time everyone like attention sometimes etc

I guess if you really want to know, if I were you I'd blank her for a bit, see if she misses me and then see if things have changed. If they haven't, and she keeps sending mixed messages, I'd just sort of say 'it can't continue like this, we need to sort this out: this is how I feel, I don't know if you feel the same way, but if you don't then I don't think I can carry on pretending I don't like you in that way'

tadaaa

yeah it kind of sucks, but anyhow, good luck maaann
literally knew someone was going to say that but so far the girls who have commented on here have said they have done the same as the girl i like. The girl i like isn't even a "popular" girl, just your average girl who has a great personality.

She says i am too good for any girl and "why can't i find a guy like you"

I would definitely not do such a thing. It's just not fair on you.

Maybe it's an age thing? I don't know how old you are,but the girl sounds a bit immature to me (maybe because she is young?). Maybe knowing that she has you on her hands, she uses that to boost her self-esteem?
Original post by Milzime
awh man, I know it seems shhit right now, but the best thing you can do is get relationship ideas out of your head, especially since you've asked her and she's said no.

Unless she asks you, don't get too hopeful. She may be lovely, but at the same time everyone like attention sometimes etc

I guess if you really want to know, if I were you I'd blank her for a bit, see if she misses me and then see if things have changed. If they haven't, and she keeps sending mixed messages, I'd just sort of say 'it can't continue like this, we need to sort this out: this is how I feel, I don't know if you feel the same way, but if you don't then I don't think I can carry on pretending I don't like you in that way'

tadaaa

yeah it kind of sucks, but anyhow, good luck maaann

thanks very much for your response! :smile:

i'm gonna try and stop holding my breath but i reeeally don't have it in me to blank her. I could never do that to anyone. But hey, my mate has genuinely set people up before himself soooo i think thats my best bet. But again, thanks for the help!
Reply 16
"you are precious and fragile and i will never break you"

give her a right dig for treating you like a puppy and volley her back to tumblr
I would definitely not do such a thing. It's just not fair on you.

Maybe it's an age thing? I don't know how old you are,but the girl sounds a bit immature to me (maybe because she is young?). Maybe knowing that she has you on her hands, she uses that to boost her self-esteem?

hmm maybe... she's 16 and I am 17 but at the same time you don't know if she is immature or not because it is still a possibility maybe...maybe that she's sending signals?
the self esteem thing could be possible too though... no idea haha
Original post by mangala
"you are precious and fragile and i will never break you"

give her a right dig for treating you like a puppy and volley her back to tumblr

we were role playing on whatsapp as unicorns. Shuuuushhh haha
Reply 19
we were role playing on whatsapp as unicorns. Shuuuushhh haha

you were role playing as a unicorn fam you need give yourself a right dig

go listen to this and roundhouse kick someone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4WRC_f76fw then go muay thai her ****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending