Should the global population of Jews be much larger today if not for Hitler?

Watch
JoshDawg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I mean, those 6 million killed would have had kids and then they would have been raised Jews. Do you think this has changed anything in the world?
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JoshDawg)
I mean, those 6 million killed would have had kids and then they would have been raised Jews. Do you think this has changed anything in the world?
Yes. i think we would of had a lot more successful businesses etc. Israel would of been a lot more stronger.
The Diplomat.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well there would be a lot more Jews in Europe, thats for sure. So yeah more businesses I suppose
Justice4Rad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes it would

There are less Jews alive today than there were even 100 years ago.
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Yes. i think we would of had a lot more successful businesses etc. Israel would of been a lot more stronger.
That's a interesting point, on the other hand the legacy of the Holocaust probably does create a siege mentality in Israel.

Look at first the Israeli war of independence and the 6 day war, that mentality of win or it's all over is probably sums up that iron will which has since become part of the Israeli mentality
Sex Positivism
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Justice4Rad)
There are less Jews alive today than there were even 100 years ago.
That's interesting.

Any sources where I can find how the numbers of christians/jews/muslims has changed over the last century or so?
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sex Positivism)
That's interesting.

Any sources where I can find how the numbers of christians/jews/muslims has changed over the last century or so?
The closest thing I can find is this

http://time.com/3939972/global-jewish-population/

Tried Googling historical numbers for the others but can't find anything.

On the Jewish population, future growth will be hugely driven by hyper religious Jews rather than than liberal 2-3 child households, so the stereotype of the fairly non-religious, left-leaning well to do successful guy will probably die out in favour of right-wing traditionalists with large families, maybe even Republican voters.
Sex Positivism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The closest thing I can find is this

http://time.com/3939972/global-jewish-population/

Tried Googling historical numbers for the others but can't find anything.

On the Jewish population, future growth will be hugely driven by hyper religious Jews rather than than liberal 2-3 child households, so the stereotype of the fairly non-religious, left-leaning well to do successful guy will probably die out in favour of right-wing traditionalists with large families, maybe even Republican voters.
Thanks for that.

The Jewish population still hasn't caught up to what it was pre-holocaust. Wow.

If people were asked how many Jews they thought were in the world today, I'd wager they'd guess a lot higher than 16.5 million...
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for that.

The Jewish population still hasn't caught up to what it was pre-holocaust. Wow.

If people were asked how many Jews they thought were in the world today, I'd wager they'd guess a lot higher than 16.5 million...
It's not directly relevant to the thread, but in America I'd say the Jewish population is more pro-Palestine than many of the Christians who are often very Zionist, but on TSR I noticed a tendency for people to assume that a typical Jewish person is a religious traditionalist with his flag on the wall, not really.
Hibzish
Badges: 11
Report 5 years ago
Yeah palestine would not be occupied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hibzish)
Yeah palestine would not be occupied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that really the only thing you think about...?
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Or a lot lower, if they happen to be inclined to believe garbage conspiracy theories...
Sex Positivism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not directly relevant to the thread, but in America I'd say the Jewish population is more pro-Palestine than many of the Christians who are often very Zionist, but on TSR I noticed a tendency for people to assume that a typical Jewish person is a religious traditionalist with his flag on the wall, not really.
I've always found the republican fascination with zionism interesting

also double edged, their plan is essentially two-pronged: return the jews to israel; convert the jews to christianity?
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've always found the republican fascination with zionism interesting

also double edged, their plan is essentially two-pronged: return the jews to israel; convert the jews to christianity?
Probably worse, I'm pretty sure in the Bible it predicts most Jews will return to Israel before being killed or something totally wack, it's like the Jews are sacrificial lambs being pampered before being put on the altar, it's disturbing.
Hibzish
Report 5 years ago
Is that really the only thing you think about...?
Why? Because i see a tiny proportion of the huge injustice/suffering that goes on in their daily lives because of occupation.
However if u want to ignore their suffering go ahead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why? Because i see a tiny proportion of the huge injustice/suffering that goes on in their daily lives because of occupation.
However if u want to ignore there suffering go ahead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's more that nothing which has ever happened in Palestine even comes close to the Holocaust yet you make this jump without one moment of thought for Jewish suffering.

The biggest joke is, that it's never actual Arabs I've seen talking like this lol
Hibzish
Report 5 years ago
It's more that nothing which has ever happened in Palestine even comes close to the Holocaust yet you make this jump without one moment of thought for Jewish suffering.

The biggest joke is, that it's never actual Arabs I've seen talking like this lol
I believe u asked in op would this change anything in the world. I simply answered and ur becoming defensive of jews like i insulted them?
It doesn't matter who is suffering/suffered more, none should be overlooked.

And what does being arab have to do with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr.Malice
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
obviously. the questions this site takes seriously, ffs.
Mr.Malice
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I believe u asked in op would this change anything in the world. I simply answered and ur becoming defensive of jews like i insulted them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
he didn't make the thread dear
Justice4Rad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least people like Bill_Gates frame it in a positive way, eg Jews are business people and there has been a real loss. In your mind the only real loss caused by the Holocaust is that Israel exists.

It's just amusing seeing people who are less Middle Eastern than the Jews get so emotionally invested in the middle east. Did you get this upset when South Asian Desis were being slaughtered in Sri Lanka?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads