The Student Room Group

Changing from Medicine to Accounting and Finance

Long story short, applied in October for medicine, but now want to change to accounting and finance. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to reapply completely for a new course. I applied to 5 unis, got 1 offer and 1 rejection. Im predicted 2A*2A., and wanted to know if I can still to apply to top unis? Thank you
Why the change?
And for most Accounting and Finance apart from LSE you can apply through clearing/adjustment if you get the grades.

Original post by malcolmDR
Long story short, applied in October for medicine, but now want to change to accounting and finance. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to reapply completely for a new course. I applied to 5 unis, got 1 offer and 1 rejection. Im predicted 2A*2A., and wanted to know if I can still to apply to top unis? Thank you
Reply 2
Original post by M_xxx113
Why the change?
And for most Accounting and Finance apart from LSE you can apply through clearing/adjustment if you get the grades.

I feel like applying through clearing is risky, is it? Imagine i do get the grades to go to a university like warwick, what are the chances of me getting in? thanks
clearing is very tricky and a gamble and most of the best unis won't have places left in clearing why the change ?
Original post by malcolmDR
I feel like applying through clearing is risky, is it? Imagine i do get the grades to go to a university like warwick, what are the chances of me getting in? thanks

Tbh everything for you rn is a risk considering your application has been submitted. In regards to Warwick, I know of 2 people who achieved A*AA and were offered a place through adjustment on results day. It all depends on how many people fulfil their offer but if your grades are stellar then they'll have no reason not to offer you a place.
Reply 5
Im in the same situation, have applied for medicine and want to change to accounting and finance, I do though have 1 choice left. Can I apply to an accounting and finance course at any university with a medicine personal statement?
Original post by sac9999
Im in the same situation, have applied for medicine and want to change to accounting and finance, I do though have 1 choice left. Can I apply to an accounting and finance course at any university with a medicine personal statement?

During clearing, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending