The Student Room Group

I use a menstrual cup AMA!

Here to spread info and joy about menstrual cups, but please remember I'm not a doctor! Kthanx

Can we please be mature about a perfectly natural process that women go through? Thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do I want to know?
Reply 2
ewww
Original post by subject_delta
Do I want to know?

YES. :wink:

Original post by D..S
ewww

No more disgusting than blood soaked cotton being held against vagina walls for up to 8hours.
Reply 4
errm what is a menstrual cup? How does it work? :s-smilie: :colondollar:
I used to use one of them, years ago. I found it was hard to put it in at first, the suction used to be painful. Took me ages to get used it :argh:
Reply 6
is it reusable?
Reply 7
I think vampires won't necessarily like the topic as well :erm:
Original post by Tpos
errm what is a menstrual cup? How does it work? :s-smilie: :colondollar:

It's a silicone cup used to catch menstrual fluids, it can be in for up to 12 hours a day and you cannot feel it when it's in, like a tampon. You just have to fold it up and put it up there and then it will unfurl. It can be messy to clean though.

Original post by undine_monty
I used to use one of them, years ago. I found it was hard to put it in at first, the suction used to be painful. Took me ages to get used it :argh:

Took me one cycle and then had an aha moment of putting my leg on the toilet seat for insertion XD

Original post by pagorai
is it reusable?

Yes, most cups are resuable for up to 5 years.
Original post by kka25
I think vampires won't necessarily like the topic as well :erm:

oh well :wink:
Original post by PurplePixie96
Here to spread info and joy about menstrual cups, but please remember I'm not a doctor! Kthanx

D:
Original post by thehistorybore
D:

Shhh it's okay, they aren't scary XD
Reply 12
It's a silicone cup used to catch menstrual fluids, it can be in for up to 12 hours a day and you cannot feel it when it's in, like a tampon. You just have to fold it up and put it up there and then it will unfurl. It can be messy to clean though.

Took me one cycle and then had an aha moment of putting my leg on the toilet seat for insertion XD

Yes, most cups are resuable for up to 5 years.

How do you clean it? Why do you prefer it to tampons?
What's your favourite fruit?
Shhh it's okay, they aren't scary XD

Well I'm scared.
Are they edible?
K.
Original post by Tpos
How do you clean it? Why do you prefer it to tampons?

Cleaning: Empty contents down toilet, rinse with cold water then use cup wash with warm water :smile:
Preference: Tampons when you pull them out absorb ALL fluids meaning the vagina is drier than the Sahara when you remove a tampon. As well as the fact you're holding blood onto a mucus membrance which is grim. Also according to my partner it makes you taste better (obviously not during a period but generally)

Original post by Axel Johann
What's your favourite fruit?

Pineapple AF.
Original post by thehistorybore
Well I'm scared.

Don't be scared XD

Original post by BobbyFlay
Are they edible?

Nah.

Original post by Skill Twix
K.

K.