The Student Room Group

Marriage and finance Help!!

Hi everybody

I have just submitted my UCAS application and began moving on to my student finance.

I am technically married although we have been separated for a year and a half now, I have been financially supporting my girlfriend and I.

I read that they will send for information off of my ex wife such as income and national insurance number.

My ex wife is not exactly understanding to these sorts of situation and I fear she will not provide the relevant information.

Has anyone been through this process before? Can anyone offer advice?

Thank you

Lewis
Not been in this situation. But have you asked student finance about this? Do you have any proof that you're separated from your wife?
Original post by Dedman200015
Hi everybody

I have just submitted my UCAS application and began moving on to my student finance.

I am technically married although we have been separated for a year and a half now, I have been financially supporting my girlfriend and I.

I read that they will send for information off of my ex wife such as income and national insurance number.

My ex wife is not exactly understanding to these sorts of situation and I fear she will not provide the relevant information.

Has anyone been through this process before? Can anyone offer advice?

Thank you

Lewis

If you're separated from your ex then her income won't count. You just need a letter from your solicitor stating that you're legally separated to send to student loans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending