The Student Room Group

Student finance help!!!!!!!!

I have applied for student finance, they have given me the lowest maintenance amount even though I am entitled to the highest due to my household situation. I am a single mother of 4 children my eldest is 18 years old. I am on benefits too so I am a low income household. They needed more evidence which I sent on the 28th of sep to get this rectified. However they keep on giving me dates when this evidence will be looked at and the date comes and goes, I call in and they tell me if its not done by another date to call in and they will escalate it I call in on the date to escalate then they give me a new date saying that they have pushed the date back due to being busy. This keeps on happening and I am left in hardship because they are busy. What shall I do?
Original post by Simbadaninja
I have applied for student finance, they have given me the lowest maintenance amount even though I am entitled to the highest due to my household situation. I am a single mother of 4 children my eldest is 18 years old. I am on benefits too so I am a low income household. They needed more evidence which I sent on the 28th of sep to get this rectified. However they keep on giving me dates when this evidence will be looked at and the date comes and goes, I call in and they tell me if its not done by another date to call in and they will escalate it I call in on the date to escalate then they give me a new date saying that they have pushed the date back due to being busy. This keeps on happening and I am left in hardship because they are busy. What shall I do?

Hi there, What evidence did you send on the 28th of September? Currently we are advising to allow 6 to 8 weeks for evidence to be processed due to being in our peak processing period. Thanks, Angela.
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What evidence did you send on the 28th of September? Currently we are advising to allow 6 to 8 weeks for evidence to be processed due to being in our peak processing period. Thanks, Angela.

I sent my marriage declaration status with my seperation document and proof of benefit
Original post by Simbadaninja
I sent my marriage declaration status with my seperation document and proof of benefit

Thanks. This will take 28 working days to process as an estimated timescale.
This is an estimated timescale based on current workflows. You can track your application with our processing timescale via here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sfe-current-application-timescales or via your account here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending